cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Email not reflecting new PC Card yet?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Email not reflecting new PC Card yet?

Happy new year everyone!

My question is that I just did a upgrade product change to the platinum card recently. . Everything is in effect and my online account reflects the platinum, even 2 days later after the product change my statement cuts and even the statement reflects the platinum account on it too already. Here's the weird problem, however....when I paid my card just now I got the typical Amex" we recieved your payment" email. On the top right it still says premier rewards gold, but it does show the little platinum color card icon next to that. So it looks like the PRG words only on that email haven't fully changed to platinum. Do you guys know if it takes time for the system to fully change my account over in terms of the word "platinum" to start reflecting on the emails. I'm going to assume since I just PC couple days ago that it just takes time for the emails to start showing platinum on it? Has anyone experience this and happen to have the new card finally reflect correctly on their email later? I'm not sure if I should contact Amex tech support or something lol or if I'm just being impatient. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
austinguy907
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Email not reflecting new PC Card yet?

OMG

It's just an e-mail receipt..... I just did the same but BCE to BCP and my concern was the spend bonus before getting the physical card... slightly different but similar.  Anyway everything switched to preferred within 24 hours but the statement still printed with BCE information.  No big deal.  It takes time for things to update on the backend. I'm sure at the end of this month it'll all say PLATINUM THANK YOU FOR THE $450  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same questions for my upgrade a couple weeks ago. Don't worry it is a platinum card already! My advice is to enroll for all of the benefits and start spending now if there's an upgrade bonus. No need to contact amex, the email will update sooner or later. Congrats!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes indeed. Start spending. I was upgraded with the 40,000 point bonus and no HP to worry about. Through the years I've been a loyal customer using the card on purchases I would normally have and not carry a balance. So things worked out. I had the AF waived as well. Now the fun part. Enrolling in the bonuses.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.