Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Every Day Preferred card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Every Day Preferred card

HI friends, I have a quick question that some may have an answer too. I got approved today for this card which is my first Amex with $1000 CL. ( i also got gold PR card too today) So I have seen here that at 61 days you can request an increase. I was wondering if you guys think if it's better to charge something small 2-300 dollars monthly and pay it in full right before statement close date or charge much more and pay it off?? Do you think it makes a difference at the time of CLI request? Also I believe the CLI request should be max $3000 is that correct? Thanks
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Every Day Preferred card

@Anonymous wrote:
HI friends, I have a quick question that some may have an answer too. I got approved today for this card which is my first Amex with $1000 CL. ( i also got gold PR card too today) So I have seen here that at 61 days you can request an increase. I was wondering if you guys think if it's better to charge something small 2-300 dollars monthly and pay it in full right before statement close date or charge much more and pay it off?? Do you think it makes a difference at the time of CLI request? Also I believe the CLI request should be max $3000 is that correct? Thanks

There is no set way of using the card to guarantee that you will get a CLI at 61 days.  Just use the card and pay it down as much as possible.  Don’t overthink it. In reality they are going to base their decision almost entirely on your credit score that they get from a SP prior to the CLI request.  Keep  in mind that a $1000 limit is on the low end which indicates a somewhat marginal approval so you may not get a CLI at 61 days. You may end up having to wait a bit longer to get one.  You can ask for any amount that you want but $3k is the most that they will give you.  It’s a good idea to read the first few pages of this thread American Express 3X CLI to learn more and monitor the last  10 or so pages to get an idea of what's happening with others trying for the 3X CLI. Good luck when you do try.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.