cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everydady card limits balance transfers to 5k max?

tag
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Amex Everydady card limits balance transfers to 5k max?

I am currently waiting on my new Amex Everyday card to arrive and happened to come across some reviews of the card that wanted to confirm here. 

"They actually limit balance transfers to $5000 or 75% of your total credit limit, whichever is smaller. So even if you have a $24,000 credit limit you can only transfer $5000 at most to the new card. That should be better publicized; I now regret applying for this otherwise unexceptional card."

Is this going on as of today? 

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Everydady card limits balance transfers to 5k max?

Yup.  It used to be a slightly higher amount of $7500 but, they dropped it recently to $5K max.  There's been a few recent threads on it.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 3 of 10
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

Oh man!...  It has been tough to get these strategies going with so many curve balls. Just getting the Everyday approved with the offer despite the pop up thing was exhausting. (by the way, the self referral strategy did not work in any combination with my gf, not sure what made it work with me)

I need about 5k more to transfer and already used a hard pull with amex. 

I can't apply to the Bank of Americard with zero fee because even though they have my mortgage, I did settle with them back during the financial crisis and don't want to risk a hard pull just to see...or may I should?

I would be saving around 2% since I have a capital one card with a bal transfer offer at 2% fee 0 Apr 12 months and I know it's just $100, but still I like it even if it's a tiny win after I have spent so many days researching and planning. 

I can't do Chase either for the same reason. I settled with them back in the day. 

I hear NFC, but haven't looked into it yet, but from what I remember it's not that simple? 

I'd love to hear suggestions on what you'd do if you may please. Thanks!!

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, its exhausting to figure out the right strategy.

If it's purely 0% you're looking for... since you're an Amex holder now everything else should be a SP unless it says "expand your membership"

The CM card has a 0% offer on it for 12-15 months IIRC.  That could be the other 5K you need.

NFCU can be a diffcult get if you don't have someones DD214 available to get in the door.

Chase Slate would be an alternative 0% if you're under 5/24

BOA has a plain jane beige card that's 0% for 18-21 months

Citi has a couple of options but, they're notorious for low CL's but, might squeak out enough to cover 5K

WF usually offers a 0% card as well with an extended period of time

CU's usually offer 6-12 months 0% but if you dig deep you can find the ones that offer 0% & $0 fees

There are some more obscure regional banks doing 12-15 months 0% like BBVA, BBT, Regions, PNC, UMB, and so on.  Depends on where you live though to get through the geo-fencing to get approved.

Message 5 of 10
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

you mean to say that because of this new hard pull from applying to the Everyday card, they will do only a SP if I apply today for example for their CM (magnet cash card?)?

This would now be the 3rd card with them and my credit lines already are at 30k+.

Would they approve this one right after I was approved for the Everyday or I'd have to wait to apply?

Also, will they allow a balance transfer on this card if I will probably receive the everyday card sooner than this one and by then there would be that balance tr pending. 

Thoughts?

Also, could I spend $1000k to get their $200 and also at the same time have the bal trasnfer going? that would actually even out the fee for the bal transfer and have a positive $50

thanks for the suggestions.. you really know your way around! 

Message 6 of 10
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

By the way ... I checked my Experian report and they did a soft pull 2 days ago on my Everyday card applicatio not a Hard pull. So, another application again for another card would be a soft pull it as you say then. Wonder if they will start the popups on the CM card 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/67u9q0/guide_antichurning_rules/

Yeah, 2 in 90 days rule applies though.

Depending on your income vs limit you should be fine.  They'll probably reallocate from your highest limit now.

You can have up to 5 CC's and as many Charge cards as you want.

0% intro APR on purchases and balance transfers for 15 months

• Either $5 or 3% of the amount of each transfer, whichever is greater.

Message 8 of 10
Superduper2014
Frequent Contributor

thanks man.. good info on that reddit and many links from that one thread...

apparently I would not be able to get the $200 sign up bonus after spending 1k on the CM card because I already have an older Blue cash that had a signup bonus. 

"You can only get signup bonus on an Amex card “once in a lifetime”."

Still great way to get an extra card with just a soft pull. 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Incorrect.  You can get it because the CM is a NEW card and if you haven't had the CM before you can get the bonus.

Even if you play the up/down game with them you can collect multiple bonuses on the same product except for on a new app for the same product.  I've done it a few times on BCx and never been denied or clawed back.

It's always a roll of the dice when it comes to collecting but, you won the battle with ED.. can always try again on CM... (Mod cut - this is not allowed per the TOS, whether public discussions or PMs)

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.