cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday -- Add Daughter as AU?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday -- Add Daughter as AU?

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

As a clarification, my understanding is that when an AU is added to an AMEX card, the main cardholder (me) can set a credit limit for the AU card? So I could set a limit of $100 on the AU card, is that correct?

And get text notifications each time the card is used?

And the AU gets their own monthly statement they have to pay?

Is that how it works? If so thats great! I'd like an answer to this too please

You can set a CL for each AU (and probably yes with notifications, although I never use them).

But NO on statements.   The basic card member is responsible for payment, so they get the statement

Message 11 of 17
LuckyBird
Regular Contributor

You can set a limit and get notifications when they're getting close to it.  I added my 2 daughters to my BCP.  I believe the minimum limit you can set is $200.

I haven't set them up to get their own statements, but I think you can.  Or maybe not a separate statement, but they can create their own log-in and view/manage their own purchases.  I believe they can make payments to their purchases as well online, but not 100% clear on that.

Chase Sapphire Reserve $30,000 | Amex BCP $30,000 | Discover It $30,000 | Citi Simp $16,500 | NFCU Cash Rewards $14,400 | Citi DC $9,800 | Chase Freedom $9,000 | VS $4,100 | Kohl's $3,000 | Loft $3,000

EQ 823 ~ TU 817 ~ EXP 808 | ITG since 8/24/2016
Message 12 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@debbie1124 wrote:

You can set a limit and get notifications when they're getting close to it.  I added my 2 daughters to my BCP.  I believe the minimum limit you can set is $200.

I haven't set them up to get their own statements, but I think you can.  Or maybe not a separate statement, but they can create their own log-in and view/manage their own purchases.  I believe they can make payments to their purchases as well online, but not 100% clear on that.

Yes, online they can get a list of their charges (but not a copy of the official statement) and can also pay, but they are not responsible to do so  (should have made that clearer in my reply!)   The charges will also appear on the basic members statement

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I think its a really nice thing to do Smiley Happy I'll be adding my son to my account this year on his 18th birthday. Dont think I'll actually give him the card at that time but I may allow him to use it now and then.

Edit: its this year not next year. Keep forgetting its 2015 Smiley Very Happy

You don't have to wait until he's 18. I'd do it asap so when he's 18 he can get his own Amex.

Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@EW800 wrote:

Hello,  

I have had an Amex account since 1997 (Optima), which has a perfect credit history.   I was approved for the Amex Everyday Card about three weeks ago.  I am just wondering if this new account would be a good account to add my daughter to as an AU?  She currently has one student loan TL with perfect history, a US Bank card in just her name ($500 CL) in perfect history and a Capital One that she is an AU on, with perfect history.  I am just wondering if it could be healthy for her to be an AU on my Everyday card as well.  

Thanks! 

I added my 17 year old daughter as an AU on my ED card Friday a week ago.  She received the card in less than a week. 

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

As a clarification, my understanding is that when an AU is added to an AMEX card, the main cardholder (me) can set a credit limit for the AU card? So I could set a limit of $100 on the AU card, is that correct?

Yes, you can set any spending limit you want for any authorized user on your card. I haven't been able to figure out a way to receive notifications everytime an AU uses the card but I have been able to set when the AU is approaching the limit I set on them. And yeah, they usually get their own monthly statement, but your charges will show on it too I believe. They can essentially pay for your balances with their own online accounts.

Message 16 of 17
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@NRB525 wrote:

Yes, you can set any spending limit you want for any authorized user on your card. I haven't been able to figure out a way to receive notifications everytime an AU uses the card but I have been able to set when the AU is approaching the limit I set on them. And yeah, they usually get their own monthly statement, but your charges will show on it too I believe. They can essentially pay for your balances with their own online accounts.

No, the online list  of charges (not really a statement) shows only their own charges.  These will also appear on yours, but not the other way round

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.