Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday Just Came

tag
Plasticard
New Contributor

Amex Everyday Just Came

Card just came in today in the mail. When held up at certain angles in the light, there's an interesting red line around the perimeter of the whole card. Gives it a nice effect. Also they seemed to change the stripe on the back for your signature, it's now only as wide as the metallic square decoration vs almost as long as the magnetic strip. Time for some spending to break it in....hmmmm

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
tornadoguy
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday Just Came

Would love to see a picture while I await mine - whats its appear like in the light? Is it pearlescent?

CK TU FAKO - 762, TU FICO - 781, EX Fako 734, EX FICO 764 - 3/29/2014
INQ: TU 4, EX 8, EQ 1 |
AMEX PRG (01/11), AMEX BCE (01/11): $2.5k, AMEX EDP (3/11): $6k Chase Freedom(07/13): $2k,
Barclay Arrival+ WMC (3/14): $6.3k, Barclays US Air MC (9/14): $2.5k, CSP (9/14): 12k
Message 2 of 27
Plasticard
New Contributor

@tornadoguy wrote:

Would love to see a picture while I await mine - whats its appear like in the light? Is it pearlescent?

Sorry don't know how to add pictures. Since I see you have a BCE, it looks exactly the same save for that nice red line around the perimeter of the card (can only see when angled to the light and is very subtle). 

Message 3 of 27
mokong
Regular Contributor

@Plasticard wrote:

Card just came in today in the mail. When held up at certain angles in the light, there's an interesting red line around the perimeter of the whole card. Gives it a nice effect. Also they seemed to change the stripe on the back for your signature, it's now only as wide as the metallic square decoration vs almost as long as the magnetic strip. Time for some spending to break it in....hmmmm

YES mine is already here too...its BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Message 4 of 27
Secretary14
Valued Member

I am noticing more and more of the new CCs with these colored rims.  Got our Total Rewards cards a few weeks ago and they came with an orange rim and my TJX CC came with a red rim.  Actually pretty smart design seeing as it makes the card very subtlely stand out in a stack in your wallet.

Message 5 of 27
ProV
Regular Contributor

@Plasticard wrote:

Got mine today too!  it's a nice looking card, but i think it will have to grow on me a little.. Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 27
Stralem
Established Contributor

@Secretary14 wrote:

I am noticing more and more of the new CCs with these colored rims.

They've been doing this for a while now.

Chase Freedom has a neon green border. Discover it (the blue version at least) has a neon orange border.

It does help with identifying them at a glance.

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 7 of 27
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

@Plasticard wrote:

@tornadoguy wrote:

Sorry don't know how to add pictures. Since I see you have a BCE, it looks exactly the same save for that nice red line around the perimeter of the card (can only see when angled to the light and is very subtle). 

So it's not really clear then? It has the Blue series faint grey pattern? Boo Smiley Indifferent

Message 8 of 27
Stralem
Established Contributor

@VinnyofLegend wrote:

@Plasticard wrote:

@tornadoguy wrote:

So it's not really clear then? It has the Blue series faint grey pattern? Boo Smiley Indifferent

Yeah, it's a frosted gradient for lack of a better term.

mod edit- link to photo

I Have Way Too Many of These.

American Express - No CLI or Appreciation Gift in 7 Years

Citibank - Handing Out Credit Limits Like Candy

Chase - Surprisingly, Still Tolerating My Credit-Chasing Ways

Bank of America - My Newest Bae.

Everyone Else.
Message 9 of 27
VinnyofLegend
Contributor

@Stralem wrote:

@VinnyofLegend wrote:

@Plasticard wrote:

@tornadoguy wrote:

Yeah, it's a frosted gradient for lack of a better term.

Thanks for the link. I was looking earlier today and couldn't find an actual picture to confirm. I wish it was actually clear like the original Amex Blue Cash (pre Everyday/Preferred) 

Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.