cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday new easiest revolver? Success stories, please!

tag
nitrov
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday new easiest revolver? Success stories, please!

@nursepower wrote:

okay spoke to a guy at the executive office. Explained that I've had the BLue cash everyday for a year, my score it over 720 and that I have low utilization on their card, never late with  a payment etc. He said he will contact the new accounts himself and see what can be done and I will get a call back in 48-72 hours from him personally. The account was sent for a review already where they pulled a recent report and still declined and I have to wait for the letter to see why but I'm betting it's the # of inquiries. I told the EO that this card would fit my lifestyle better and I'd be happy with $1000 just to try it out. He said a lot of people seem to want this card and I said Everyone and their grandmas are getting approved and I just can't seem too. He will call back. I will try to be patient.  

Good luck, keep us posted!

My Top 3: Amex Delta Platinum ($30k) | Amex PRG | Citi Prestige ($30k) |

Starting scores 600-640 (2013), current 765-775 (2019); It is possible!

Message 31 of 39
jna
New Contributor

Re: Amex Everday new easiest revolver? Success stories, please!

What was your overall utilization when you applied.Thanks

Message 32 of 39
jna
New Contributor

Re: Amex Everday new easiest revolver? Success stories, please!

Congrats Ron!Just to have an idea.Where you under 30% utilization when you applied?Thanks

Message 33 of 39
kenzie626
New Visitor

I only had one credit card for many years, $3000 CL and it's always close to it's limit. Early of last year I applied for one CC and I got excited so I started applying for more cards but I would get denied for the cards I really wanted like AMEX and Discover. Seems easy to get any store cards, except for Sears. I must have at least 20 CC now altogether lol. My scores are not that great, I'm a student, with no car or mortgage payments at all. 

Anyway, my major CC are pretty much all up to it's limit. I try to keep all my store cards at an average of $100 balance. I paid my Walmart card yesterday and it offered me an "upgrade" to their Walmart Discover. I was ecstatic and applied, and from $800 CL I got a CL of $2000 on the Discover. The store cards all gave me low limits but eventually after several months of paying it, I would hit that CLI button. 

My main point of my story. I figured since yesterday I got an upgrade with such a generous CL, maybe I can try for an AMEX but I was searching to see which one would be easiest to get. Some say blue, some say gold, some say to get the green first to guarantee the blue? Quite frankly, I have no clue what everone's talking about lol and I seen a post of a woman who said her 18 year old college son got the BCE and he only had one CC for a little over a year so I thought what the hell. So I applied for it even though I have a ton of credit cards, and inquiries in the past year, denials, what is one more. So I did, prayed to the gods and I got approved for $1000! Not bad!! Yayee!  Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 39
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

I'm hoping to get in with a revolver myself... got approved for BGR and applied for Everyday at the beginning of April, got denied on Everyday because of a month old low FICO, high util/payments, and inquiries. 

By 35 days after the Everyday denial, I'll have only one of 7-8 TLs showing a balance on my CR, under 20% util (maybe under 10%), and one billing cycle on the BGR complete. EX was 701, TU 692 in the past month, last EQ was 635 but 2 months and lots of util ago. 

Pondering whether to go for Everyday again or BCE. None of the partner cards jump out at me, although I might join Costco again and get True Earnings. Kinda want a BT option but I guess I need to keep the util low for CLIs. 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 35 of 39
Bluegoldkeys
Valued Member

In my last app spree I applied for the BCE and got 2K. My ex fico was 744

Amex EX FICO: 744 GE TU FICO: 716 Gardening:
Amex Everyday 5.5k | Amex BCE 2k | Citi DP 6k | Amazon Rewards 2.5k | Walmart DC 1.2k | Best Buy Rewards 4k | Cap1 QSone 1k | NYMCU .5k
Message 36 of 39
Josh2942
Established Contributor

I feel like the Blue card is the easiest to get in my opinon. 

Jaguar F-Type R Loan 50K Balance
Goldman Sachs Signature Loan $29,000 TU 750 score pulled at time of loan.
Student Loan Debt $1,500
Credit Card Debt $300 1>% of $166,700
FAKO Transunion 723 Equifax 744
What's in my wallet? Chase Sapphire Reserve, Chase Freedom Unlimited, and AMEX Blue for Business
Message 37 of 39
NoAnchoviesPlease
Established Contributor

@Josh2942 wrote:

I feel like the Blue card is the easiest to get in my opinon. 

The plain "Blue from American Express?" There are a lot of blue cards for a company that made its ground on green cards. Smiley Happy 

12/29/2015 669/696/706
01/10/2016 698/711/730 but still to and fro a bit

Climbing to 700 and beyond. It's too cold for gardening.
Message 38 of 39
ways2go
Frequent Contributor

I've been trying over a year to get an Amex, but it was a green card then the blue.  It always ended in a denial. Over a week ago, I applied for the   Costco Amex and was approved with a 6K limit.  My opinion it would be the costco version.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.