Amex Everyday

tag
mariasoccermom11
Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday

@vpae wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Just got off live chat with AMEX. Here is what they say about exclusions:

Me: I currently have a Delta Amex Gold card and a PRG. I notice the following verbiage on the Every Day card application: "If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer."Does this mean I am not able to get a sign up bonus since I am already a member?

AMEX:  What this verbiage means is that if you have ever had or if you do have this card you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus.

Me: Ok, thank you for the clarification. So, it does not mean that because I have different AMEX cards that I am not eligible, correct?

AMEX: That is correct! Just as long as you have never or do not have this product you will be eligible for the Welcome Bonus.

Not to derail, but relevant info based on your chat. That verbiage is commonly used in their other apps as well.

I wonder if this means that if someone had the PRG, they can get the Plat and still be eligible for the welcome bonus or would they have to wait 90 days? (This was typically advised in the past) 

OMG you can apply!!! im dying for this!!!

Message 11 of 84
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Me: I currently have a Delta Amex Gold card and a PRG. I notice the following verbiage on the Every Day card application: "If we identify you as currently having an American Express® Card account, you may not be eligible for this welcome bonus offer."Does this mean I am not able to get a sign up bonus since I am already a member?

AMEX:  What this verbiage means is that if you have ever had or if you do have this card you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus.

Me: Ok, thank you for the clarification. So, it does not mean that because I have different AMEX cards that I am not eligible, correct?

AMEX: That is correct! Just as long as you have never or do not have this product you will be eligible for the Welcome Bonus.

Not to derail, but relevant info based on your chat. That verbiage is commonly used in their other apps as well.

I wonder if this means that if someone had the PRG, they can get the Plat and still be eligible for the welcome bonus or would they have to wait 90 days? (This was typically advised in the past) 

LOL Maria you're killing me!  Should we exepct another "approval" thread from you? Smiley Wink

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 12 of 84
vpae
Established Contributor

@yudeology101 wrote:

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

LOL Maria you're killing me!  Should we exepct another "approval" thread from you? Smiley Wink

Yes.. LOL. - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/I-just-applied-for-amex-everyday-UPDATE-AP...

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 13 of 84
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@vpae wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

@mariasoccermom11 wrote:

@vpae wrote:

@lhcole77 wrote:

Yes.. LOL. - http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/I-just-applied-for-amex-everyday-UPDATE-AP...

Um...she was FAST!  I bet as soon as she looked at this thread she was on the gun!  I'm happy for her though!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 14 of 84
Dw4250
Valued Contributor

Not to change the subject, but someone at AMEX EO really needs to work on their nomenclature!

The Blue is different from the Blue Cash Everyday, which is also different from the Everyday, which is different from the Blue Cash Preferred, which is different from the Everyday Preferred.  Will there also be a Blue Everyday?  Don't they get confused???  

It reminds me George Foreman naming his kids George I, George II, George III., etc..lol.  Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 84
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

My itchy finger...really want to apply!!

Message 16 of 84
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@DigitalArk wrote:

My itchy finger...really want to apply!!

Message 17 of 84
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Haha...I am approved with Everday!! I don't know my limit yet...

Message 18 of 84
DigitalArk
Valued Contributor

Just got off the phone with the rep. I am approved for 5K. Haha...So Happy!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 19 of 84
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Dw4250 wrote:

Not to change the subject, but someone at AMEX EO really needs to work on their nomenclature!

The Blue is different from the Blue Cash Everyday, which is also different from the Everyday, which is different from the Blue Cash Preferred, which is different from the Everyday Preferred.  Will there also be a Blue Everyday?  Don't they get confused???  

It reminds me George Foreman naming his kids George I, George II, George III., etc..lol.  Smiley LOL

And you forgot the Blue Cash as well!

But they are already pretty inconsistent, I guess due to product shift.

So there is Blue Sky and Blue Sky Preferred, whereas the equivalent ones are Blue Cash Everyday and Blue Cash Preferred (presumably because Blue Cash already existed).   But BCE/BCP shows us that Everyday and Preferred are mutually exclusive modifiers, but then they combine them in "Everyday Preferred"!

Message 20 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.