Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday

tag
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday

I just applied as well. Probably shouldn't have because I was very recently approved for my first two Amexes, but figured a decline would just be a SP. I got the "In Progress" message, which hasn't changed yet.

I called the New Accounts number (877-399-3083), and he said it was being dealt with by their Internal Security team, that they'd respond in 3-5 days, and they may request information by mail. I asked if I could provide any additional information for verification purposes, and he basically said "We'll contact you if we need anything. There's nothing else for you to do." It sounded like a decline to me.

But I just checked my EX report, and I see a HP from American Express today. So... Crap. We'll see what happens.

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 41 of 84
JaeJae12
Frequent Contributor

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

I just applied as well. Probably shouldn't have because I was very recently approved for my first two Amexes, but figured a decline would just be a SP. I got the "In Progress" message, which hasn't changed yet.

I called the New Accounts number (877-399-3083), and he said it was being dealt with by their Internal Security team, that they'd respond in 3-5 days, and they may request information by mail. I asked if I could provide any additional information for verification purposes, and he basically said "We'll contact you if we need anything. There's nothing else for you to do." It sounded like a decline to me.

But I just checked my EX report, and I see a HP from American Express today. So... Crap. We'll see what happens.

Most likely you been approved, my mom applied 2 days ago and got the message in progess, and had call in and it was forwarded to their security team as well. she already has an amex bce but when she applied she used a different phone number as a contact info. They are just prob checking the info you put is correct. She got the email today that she was approved. 

BCE- 50 k-BOA 123 100k -Freedom unlimited-95k- Citi DC- 200k-CSR 175k
Garden mode

Message 42 of 84
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

why did you believe it would be a SP?

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 43 of 84
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

@angelcred10 wrote:

why did you believe it would be a SP?

It seems well-accepted around here that, for existing Amex cardmembers, it's only an SP if denied. HP if approved. See, for example: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Amex-Denial-Question/m-p/2851737#M811287

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Message 44 of 84
angelcred10
Regular Contributor

I didn't read the if it was a denial part xD

Starting Score: 635 Current Score: 659 Discover Pull
Goal Score:720s
Tried to use Images but it was all Wibbly, Wobbly, and Timey-Wimey.
Message 45 of 84
essexjet
Contributor

Declined Smiley Sad

2/21/19 Fico's: EQ 651 - TU 666 - EXP 670
4/4/19 Fico's: EQ 744 - TU 763 - EXP 758

AMEX Platinum: NPSL / DCU $3000 / Barclaycard Apple Visa $2700 / Firestone $1200 / Credit One Bank $1100 / Walmart $8000 / Capital One $500 / Chase United Explorer $5000 / Discover IT $1500 / NFCU $1500 / Sams Club $7500
Message 46 of 84
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

Update: Got an email this morning saying my application had been received. Literally 1 minute later, I got an email saying I was approved. I'd imagine the first email indicated that the Security Team started its review, and then approved it 1 minute later.

No indication on the CL, and I can't seem to add it to my existing Amex online account, but I'm gonna cool it and not pester them until the card arrives in the mail. I think my aggressiveness with this stuff (calling for app status, constantly checking my account from multiple computers, 3 applications in two weeks, and so on) has made them worry I might be an identity thief. 

Message 47 of 84
vpae
Established Contributor

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

Update: Got an email this morning saying my application had been received. Literally 1 minute later, I got an email saying I was approved. I'd imagine the first email indicated that the Security Team started its review, and then approved it 1 minute later.

No indication on the CL, and I can't seem to add it to my existing Amex online account, but I'm gonna cool it and not pester them until the card arrives in the mail. I think my aggressiveness with this stuff (calling for app status, constantly checking my account from multiple computers, 3 applications in two weeks, and so on) has made them worry I might be an identity thief. 

That's awesome, congrats! And to everyone else as well! I may have to consider this for my next spree, all of these approved posts are all too tempting Smiley Happy <edit for typo, I think I need coffee>

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 48 of 84
Jayb5635
Established Contributor

I'll chime in here as well.  Applied online yesterday but the site said processing.  I called new accounts and they said I was approved, starting credit line of 2k.  Honestly I'm pleased with that since a year ago I was approved for 1k with my BCE so progress lol

In my wallet: Amex Platinum NPSL, Amex Everyday Preferred $15,000, Amex Starwood $10,000, Chase Freedom Visa Signature $10,000, Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15,000, Chase Ink Plus Visa Signature $5000 Barclaycard Arrival Plus MasterCard World Elite $10,000, Cap One Quicksilver MasterCard $6000, Citi Prestige World Elite MasterCard $10,000, Citi Forward Visa $6900, Citi Premier World Elite MasterCard $5,800, Discover IT $8500
Message 49 of 84
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Cool, glad to know that people are getting their MSDs a month earlier because of the post Smiley Happy

As I mentioned earlier, gonna wait until January '15, maybe they will have higher starting bonuses via Cardmatch or something by then heh.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 50 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.