Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex FR hard limit finished ???

tag
youngman1234
Established Contributor

Amex FR hard limit finished ???

So back in feb 2012, I was FR'd and had a hard limit placed of 3k. So couldn't charge more than that until last month. For the past 6 months I have been reaching my limit every month. Last month I owed like 2950, and I saw they approved a charge of 1150. I was shocked... Now this month I went over my 3k and have been still charging to see what happens already charged 4.5k.. When I log in under the balance it says available credit as 0 still, but it is approving charges... Idk what's going on... Also I think maybe they raised my sending limit... Who knows ?? Anyone have this happen to them ??
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: Amex FR hard limit finished ???

all of Amex cards are actually NPSL if you regularly charge over and pay on time they up it internally before granting you a CLI, have you appllied for one lately?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 7
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

This young buddie charge about 50 grand each months .....ain't you ???? Wonder what do you spend on that much........
Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 3 of 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
So back in feb 2012, I was FR'd and had a hard limit placed of 3k. So couldn't charge more than that until last month. For the past 6 months I have been reaching my limit every month. Last month I owed like 2950, and I saw they approved a charge of 1150. I was shocked... Now this month I went over my 3k and have been still charging to see what happens already charged 4.5k.. When I log in under the balance it says available credit as 0 still, but it is approving charges... Idk what's going on... Also I think maybe they raised my sending limit... Who knows ?? Anyone have this happen to them ??

Regardless of what happened, you should not push it when AMEX imposed hard limit.

Message 4 of 7
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

For me, AMEX has been there for me everytime I needed.

Back when I went through some "tough times" & creditors were closing my accounts, ONLY AMEX & Capital One stayed the course for me. AMEX decided when my ship was sailing on some turbulent waters, they imposed a "hard limit" on my Basic Green....but only to the amount highest charged. Example: highest spending was $2000 over 30 days .....limit was imposed as such. I ended up with 3 judgments from 3 creditors & several collection accounts (I know better now....I was just 'silly' when all that was going on & now know that fire will BURN).

That being said, AMEX has NEVER threatened to close/suspend/limit me in any way/shape/form. The hard limit imposed went away in about a year & they did inform me prior to the hard limit being placed. They are VERY professional & I try to make certain that they are well aware of my intentions whenever I need to inform them of things that may affect my account such as unusual spending or traveling. Capital One has NEVER batted an eye to my credit foolery & has NEVER given me any grief to changing my account from an almost  "unheard" of 8.4 APR  - never decreased my credit line either !

AMEX has never asked me for financial records, so I can't really help you there. I will tell you honestly to speak to them very openly & honestly & I'm a member since 1999.....but I love them even though for years I "avoided" them (was too scared of  what I'd do to a charge card....LOL)  Customer service is unparalleled & if they will have me, I will have them for as long as the music plays.

SisterGirl

SisterGirl
Message 5 of 7
youngman1234
Established Contributor

What I was thinking is maybe I'm on a NPSL again
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think if it were offcial, you would see the term "available credit"  replaced with "no pre set limit".

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.