Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Financial Review-UPDATE Pg 5

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Financial Review

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, what does it look like when they put a credit limit on a charge card? Does it say a number where it says 'No pre-set spending limit'?

Message 51 of 55
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Creditdreamer wrote:

I have been calling to check the status every couple of days (because I'm eagerly impatient) and just talking to the general reps. I talked to someone yesterday morning who said my tax transcripts hadn't come in. Then I called again in the evening and they said my tax transcripts had been received.

This morning (just now) I got an email saying that my limit on the BBP had been set at $3100. Considering my official limit before was only $2000 (with the ability to spend over the CL), I think this isn't too bad at all. I then logged in and checked my other cards. They left BCE at $1000 and Hilton at $5000. Then they gave me a limit of $3100 on the Gold and a $5000 limit on the Platinum (probably because this card has a over a year worth of high spend history).

It still says "charging suspended" on the accounts but I have a feeling that will probably get lifted when my rep gets in around 11:30 MST. My rep was supposedly out yesterday so not sure how the transcripts were reviewed and my limits updated? Maybe automated?

I'd say this is a pretty good outcome in the whole thing. This will be plenty of spend for me on a typical monthly basis and I never carry a balance so I could just make extra payments if I wanted to do extra spend for the rewards. I'm soooooo happppppyyyyy. Perfect timing as we're heading on a vacation with the kids here soon and it's my birthday.

And while I was writing this I got two more emails about my "preset limit" on the Platinum and Gold.

Oh and also, the excessive spend I did on the BBP was about $12,500 in two days so I got about 25,000 MR points so that was awesome. The only downside is I lost out on the points when we were in Seattle with restaurants etc. Now I have one day left to use my Uber and Dining credits on Platinum and Gold for the month of November. So hopefully they'll reactivate my cards asap! lol.

Congrats on getting through the FR, and thanks for letting us know how it went!  Smiley Happy

Message 52 of 55
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, what does it look like when they put a credit limit on a charge card? Does it say a number where it says 'No pre-set spending limit'?

On the desktop version, it says my balance and then says "Available to spend" and then the amount. Then beside the amount it says "Check spending power".

Starting: EQ 498 TU 501 EX 485 (9/23/11)
As of 5/12: EQ 552 TU 591 EX 572
Credit Repair Journey Bump in the Road
As of 10/15: EQ 511 TU 588 EX 601
Discover TU Fico- 12/31/18: 694; CK EQ- 1/16/19: 634
Goal: All 3 above 700

Message 53 of 55
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Creditdreamer wrote:

I have been calling to check the status every couple of days (because I'm eagerly impatient) and just talking to the general reps. I talked to someone yesterday morning who said my tax transcripts hadn't come in. Then I called again in the evening and they said my tax transcripts had been received.

This morning (just now) I got an email saying that my limit on the BBP had been set at $3100. Considering my official limit before was only $2000 (with the ability to spend over the CL), I think this isn't too bad at all. I then logged in and checked my other cards. They left BCE at $1000 and Hilton at $5000. Then they gave me a limit of $3100 on the Gold and a $5000 limit on the Platinum (probably because this card has a over a year worth of high spend history).

It still says "charging suspended" on the accounts but I have a feeling that will probably get lifted when my rep gets in around 11:30 MST. My rep was supposedly out yesterday so not sure how the transcripts were reviewed and my limits updated? Maybe automated?

I'd say this is a pretty good outcome in the whole thing. This will be plenty of spend for me on a typical monthly basis and I never carry a balance so I could just make extra payments if I wanted to do extra spend for the rewards. I'm soooooo happppppyyyyy. Perfect timing as we're heading on a vacation with the kids here soon and it's my birthday.

And while I was writing this I got two more emails about my "preset limit" on the Platinum and Gold.

Oh and also, the excessive spend I did on the BBP was about $12,500 in two days so I got about 25,000 MR points so that was awesome. The only downside is I lost out on the points when we were in Seattle with restaurants etc. Now I have one day left to use my Uber and Dining credits on Platinum and Gold for the month of November. So hopefully they'll reactivate my cards asap! lol.

Congrats on getting through the FR, and thanks for letting us know how it went!  Smiley Happy

Do you or anyone have any data points about how long it takes for the "charging suspended" to be lifted after the email is sent out? I think my rep is out again today.Smiley Sad

Message 54 of 55
Creditdreamer
Established Contributor

So the final update! At about 3:30 pm our time nothing had happened yet. So I called again and again my rep’s number went straight to voicemail. So I called to talk to a random rep. The rep said my rep was out of the office again today. So after like 5 mins of trying to find someone in the same office, he got me in touch with someone who checked the account and said the FR team had processed everything so the cards could be released. Yay! Just in time to use the credits for November.

Message 55 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.