Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold $100 airline credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold $100 airline credit

Hello, this is my first time posting here. I just got the Amex Gold card and chose Delta as my airline for the $100 airline incidental fee credit. I am wondering how I would apply that to baggage fees and seat selections. Would I add those charges all at once when I purchase my ticket online  through Delta.com or do I have to wait until I check in at the counter the day of my flight for Amex to register the charges? Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold $100 airline credit

It's an automatic statement credit after charging the baggage fee to your Gold card. So if the Airline charges to stow baggage etc., you pay the fee with Gold and they would then credit your account after said charge posts.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

My best guess is as long as the fee is posted as seperate transaction from ticket, it willl be fine however you do it.

Message 3 of 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

If you pay for things all at once, it would likely all code as a ticket and likely would not be credited. The credit appears automatically a day or two after posting. Baggage fees are usually paid when you drop your bag off but you can also prepay at checkin I believe. Seat selections for say exit row seats I am not sure are covered. Upgrades to Comfort+ and First are NOT covered by the credit and will not be reimbursed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.