Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Annual Fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold Annual Fee

Well, if you're already planning to go somehwere, no big loss if it doesn't trigger. You were already gpoing ther anyways. But if you get a $50-75 credit, I'd call it a win! The great thing about the old GC hack, was that you stockpile them for later use on your terms. Now you literally have wing it. 

Thanks for breaking out those terms in bold, I se now I'm gonna have to be creative.

Message 21 of 23
digitek
Established Contributor

I had a laugh at the fact that their list of excluded airlines purchases is much longer than the ones it is meant to trigger on.  Thanks for listing that out.

I'm glad to hear there is a new workaround to use the credit on actual cost of tickets for Delta.  Tickets are $400, buy Delta giftcard for $300, pay for flight with giftcard and Gold for remaing balance so you end up charged $100, get credit on Gold card for $100.  Was probably going to keep the card anyway after hearing of giftcard shutdown, but nice to see it can still be used without to mush issue.  Hope they don't close it down the new loophole!

Message 22 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually for Delta the credit should trigger if the remaining cost of the fare is under 250$. I think it’s only for American where the ticket needs to be less than 100

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.