Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold - No Annual fee

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold - No Annual fee

I've seen this on this forum a few times. How to you go about getting the Amex Gold without the annual fee for the first year. Is it a special offer to a select few ?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold - No Annual fee

First year no annual fee was the standard offer until the Amex refreshed the product last year.

Message 2 of 8
Shadowfactor
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the fourms!

As mentioned above this died when Amex refreshed the product last October. Haven’t seen a similar offer since.

It’s a net $30 after credits and with the welcome bonus it’s very easy to come out ahead in year one. Plus you get two airline credits within the first year so Amex is really paying you $70 bucks in credits the first year.

Total Revolving Limits $254,800

Message 3 of 8
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

I read on a Facebook group someone was able to get one with the AF waived. He was on the phone with them to apply and was reluctant because of the AF and they waived it for him. I would not expect this to always work for everyone but maybe worth a try if you really want it.
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That probaly isn't the best way to start out a relationship though. Amex doesn't even know if you're a profitable customer yet, and they are  already asking for AF to be waived. 

A Person simply has to do the math with the credits they can use to determine if it's worthwhile to apply. The waived AF is definitely the incentive that compelled me to apply. And that was when it was only $195. $250 is a bit high to justify if you cannot make use of the credits, or have high enough spend to offset it. 

However, the SUB covers the AF if nothing else. Not having it waived the first year does put a sense of urgency to take all the credits you can before the next year. lol

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hawkins wrote:
I read on a Facebook group someone was able to get one with the AF waived. He was on the phone with them to apply and was reluctant because of the AF and they waived it for him. I would not expect this to always work for everyone but maybe worth a try if you really want it.

Was this recent ?

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That probaly isn't the best way to start out a relationship though. Amex doesn't even know if you're a profitable customer yet, and they are  already asking for AF to be waived. 

A Person simply has to do the math with the credits they can use to determine if it's worthwhile to apply. The waived AF is definitely the incentive that compelled me to apply. And that was when it was only $195. $250 is a bit high to justify if you cannot make use of the credits, or have high enough spend to offset it. 

However, the SUB covers the AF if nothing else. Not having it waived the first year does put a sense of urgency to take all the credits you can before the next year. lol

you definitely have a point there. I just got approved for Amex and I wouldn't want to press my luck with them.

Message 7 of 8
hawkins
Frequent Contributor

Yes a couple weeks ago.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.