Re: Amex Gold with 57% Util, mid 700s Fico Score

Check Amex pre approvals page! 

Message 11 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@CreditInspired wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

He is referring to a charge card, not a revolver so no persay set limit unless one was impossed as it is a NPSL card unless they change the terms for various reasons.  Utilization is high that is for sure and you should work on it, but scores in the 700s i think you would probably yield and approval on the Amex Gold Charge card being the 275 or is it 295 AF one, but they would probably be watching you like a hawk and your intiial npsl would be fairly low, but as your utilization went down and your proof to PIF on the charge card that is due monthly would increase your NPSL internal limit.  Have any other amex cards?  If so it is just a sp regardless or approval/rejection.  5 inquiries is pretty good as well, only negative going against you is utlization.  If you can get that down below  before 30% for appy great otherwise it probably could go either way with current utilization.  Before I pay said AF I would be putting that towards lowering your current utilization though and in turn saving on interest.

+1

Thanks CreditCuriosity. I forget that the Gold is a charge card. 

@CreditInspired, from experience  .. Ya don't forget it's a "charge card", when the bill comes dueSmiley LOL

Message 12 of 13
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

He is referring to a charge card, not a revolver so no persay set limit unless one was impossed as it is a NPSL card unless they change the terms for various reasons.  Utilization is high that is for sure and you should work on it, but scores in the 700s i think you would probably yield and approval on the Amex Gold Charge card being the 275 or is it 295 AF one, but they would probably be watching you like a hawk and your intiial npsl would be fairly low, but as your utilization went down and your proof to PIF on the charge card that is due monthly would increase your NPSL internal limit.  Have any other amex cards?  If so it is just a sp regardless or approval/rejection.  5 inquiries is pretty good as well, only negative going against you is utlization.  If you can get that down below  before 30% for appy great otherwise it probably could go either way with current utilization.  Before I pay said AF I would be putting that towards lowering your current utilization though and in turn saving on interest.

+1

Thanks CreditCuriosity. I forget that the Gold is a charge card. 

@CreditInspired, from experience  .. Ya don't forget it's a "charge card", when the bill comes dueSmiley LOL

@M_Smart007 Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

Now ain't that nothing but the truth. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.