Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green Charge Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Green Charge Card

@Anonymous wrote:

You definitely did at the beginning, but after the "don't assume" comment it seemed to have taken a left. I wasn't intent on what I was doing until I got feedback from everyone. I apologize if I misinterpreted your comments. I have not dealt with the EO for Amex, yet, but I've dealt with the EO for Capital One and my results have always been favorable. Yeah, I got caught up in getting in and now that I'm in with Amex I'm questioning if I made the right entrance LOL But I don't intend on closing either card unless having them both is the reason for not getting the ED and closing one would help. Thanks for the insight.

I only meant that as a way to let you know that the path you were going to take might not work the way you want and I would hate to see you close out a perfectly good card for nothing.  And many people incorrectly assume that Amex CSRs are very knowledgable and give good advice.  Sadly that is not the case. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

I hope that you get the ED card.  It's a great card.  Good luck 

Message 31 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough. Knowledge is what we go to myFICO for! I gotta remember not to apply first and read later.... I appreciate the tips! I hope I get it, too! All the reviews have been great.

Message 32 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Of you can justify the annual fee, why not keep it. Just depends on your needs.
Message 33 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck on the ED card. It's a great card. Please keep us updated.
Message 34 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would just keep the Delta card for now, reason is you already applied and the Delta approval is being processed with new accounts department.

A couple of things I've learned regarding Amex:

-PC cannot happen until 13th (one year) hits account.

-New accounts will be closely monitering your account over the next 4 months, so be sure to pay on time and keep that utilization LOW (under 10%) or PIF! However it's always good to carry a small balance.

-If you close the Delta, you may NOT be approved for the EveryDay card as the underwriting maybe different. I would keep the card and show Amex that you're creditworthy.

-It's rumored that Delta is the "easiest" Amex revolver to get with lower scores/underwriting. 

-I would WAIT until your scores are close or in the 700's before apping for anymore Amex cards.

Just my advice.... Good Luck!

Message 35 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think I can justify the annual fee on the Green charger, but luckily, I have a year before I have to make any decisions. I will update when I have the ED decision! Smiley Happy
I'm finally going to garden for at least a year. I'm in with AmEx and that's what I wanted. Thanks for the info. Smiley Happy

Message 36 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called Amex and I'm still pending a decision because the application is in process and can take between 2-3 more days. I'm biting my nails off!! Amex ED would complete my collection til next year when I go for the BCE and retire from the game...

Message 37 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a nice looking card though Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied

Message 39 of 41
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Denied

Well you tried. At least sp. always next time give it some real time for relationship to grow. That's exactly why I don't go for 3rd amex. Unnecessary for me at this point in time. Can't use what I got. 

Message 40 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.