Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green - When? **UPDATE**

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Amex Green - When? **UPDATE**

I want to apply for AMEX Green before 2013 to get the back dating. My question is would I get approve for it?

Scores are in sig. 26% util, would be under 20% if cap1 start to report. 3.5 years aaoa. No late, baddie, just 16 inq most are from car and trading in another car.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Green - When?

@armbenderc wrote:
I want to apply for AMEX Green before 2013 to get the back dating. My question is would I get approve for it?

Scores are in sig. 26% util, would be under 20% if cap1 start to report. 3.5 years aaoa. No late, baddie, just 16 inq most are from car and trading in another car.

I'd be stunned if you weren't approved for a Green.  Absolutely shocked to the point of apoplexy.   Apply and be done with it, 26% while not "optimal" by our standards, anecdotally something under 30% is ok by Amex... and with your 700ish scores, just get the member date set and enjoy.

Edit: only possible issue I see might be the CreditOne tradeline but I don't think they're looked at in the same fashion as FP.  I'd ask though, why do you still have that card with your current signature tradelines? Smiley Happy

Edit 2: ah I missed the Amex denial earlier, what product was that for and what were the reasons for denial?

        
Message 2 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

I think you probably have too many inquiries and since your signiture reflects you applied last month and got denied I doubt it. But if your going to apply for one again do it after 60 days and pay your utility down to under 5%.

With a Amex score of 698 I'm surprised you weren't approved already, but if credit/debt was high and lots of inquiries then probably not. It's pretty funny first Amex I got approved for was Blue Cash Preferred with $5,500 limit which seems to be one of the hardest cards in Amex's line up to get. 

I apped 6months prior but my score was 644 then, now it's 744 according to Amex app (last charge offs removed 100% clean now)

If most your inquiries are from car related you could probably recon through the phone. but get your credit/debt ratio down first.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 3 of 17
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

The Amex denied was for BCE my util was 48% or so when I apply because cr didn't get update yet. Plus I got approved for freedom and cap cash rewards before I did the bce.

Total cl about 16k, yea credit one is still on there, I will cancel it asap.
2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 4 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:
The Amex denied was for BCE my util was 48% or so when I apply because cr didn't get update yet. Plus I got approved for freedom and cap cash rewards before I did the bce.

Total cl about 16k, yea credit one is still on there, I will cancel it asap.

I don't think you should EVER apply for anything while you owe almost 50% =\ regardless hope you paid those down a lot more, besides that did you get a CLI on your VSecret account? GECRB if you call their underwritters at  8773798173 they can do crazy increases. People went from 150 to 1,000 to 10,000 within a few weeks lol

Message 5 of 17
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

I'd be stunned if you weren't approved for a Green.  Absolutely shocked to the point of apoplexy.   Apply and be done with it, 26% while not "optimal" by our standards, anecdotally something under 30% is ok by Amex... and with your 700ish scores, just get the member date set and enjoy.

Edit: only possible issue I see might be the CreditOne tradeline but I don't think they're looked at in the same fashion as FP.  I'd ask though, why do you still have that card with your current signature tradelines? Smiley Happy

Edit 2: ah I missed the Amex denial earlier, what product was that for and what were the reasons for denial?

You are RIGHT! I applied this morning and it was instant approval. I call and speak with the CSR and ask about it, she said it's NPSL, just pay it in full at the end of the month. OMG, my first Amex account and I would get the back dating from 2012?

Kinda feel bad coming out of the garden.. after 5 weeks.

I love this forum. The knowledge I gain from reading and ranting is amazing.

EDIT: I hope tinuviel doesn't ban me from the garden! Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 17
distantarray
Established Contributor

just remember don't app for any AMEX until ATLEAST January, preferably January 2014 Smiley Tongue

Message 7 of 17
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

You are RIGHT! I applied this morning and it was instant approval. I call and speak with the CSR and ask about it, she said it's NPSL, just pay it in full at the end of the month. OMG, my first Amex account and I would get the back dating from 2012?

congrats on the new card. the only card that had the hard limit was zync so dont worry about that. the green is great card has a lot of perks. just remember it MUST be PIF everymonth. they give you only 15 days to pay but some say you have untill the next statememt but i would not like to find out what happens if you dont pay by the date they give you 

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 8 of 17
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@afbar1114 wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

@armbenderc wrote:

congrats on the new card. the only card that had the hard limit was zync so dont worry about that. the green is great card has a lot of perks. just remember it MUST be PIF everymonth. they give you only 15 days to pay but some say you have untill the next statememt but i would not like to find out what happens if you dont pay by the date they give you 

Oh okay, I see a lot with hard limit on here. Now I know that it's only apply to the zync. I will be paying PIF weekly instead of monthly.

Now the question is, how would I use it and rotate it with my freedom, ty premier, and cap1 cash rewards.

Message 9 of 17
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

i wouldnt PIF weekly. i read that amex does not like this and they like getting one payment at the same time. now remember your amex card wont be counted toward some fico scoring so dont worry that much about UTL and banks know that most amex's dont have limits so seeing a high BAL post and then paid off is good for recons

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.