cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green without MR = $55 AF, Possible Zync replacement?

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Amex Green without MR = $55 AF, Possible Zync replacement?

So I called Amex today to ask about my options for PC'ing my PRG to another card with a lower AF.

Ideally, I wanted to go back down to Zync, but was told that couldn't be done (not really a suprise since its discontinued), but instead I could go down to Green without membership rewards for $55/year or Green with rewards for $95/year.

I was told that I had to wait until January to PC but that it would be no problem to get the Green without rewards.

I've never heard of this Green without rewards and it isn't mentioned on the website.

I'm wondering, could this be the replacement for Zync? Has anyone else heard of this?

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Green without MR = $55 AF, Possible Zync replacement?

Smiley Surprised interesting, I might be asking them about it. I'm putting through about 1-1.5k on my green a month. I think the reward is worth to me. However, I won't be using the green much when I get the BCE.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 2 of 6
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

I have a question. Can you pc from the green to the PRG or platinum? Or is it the other way around only?
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 3 of 6
kekrre
Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
I have a question. Can you pc from the green to the PRG or platinum? Or is it the other way around only?

The Green, Gold, PRG and Platinum are all interchangeable (only the Zync had the issue where you could PC to it, but not back), with the exception that a charge card can't turn into a revolver (implies different underwriting standards!).

|||||||
Message 4 of 6
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

So I called Amex today to ask about my options for PC'ing my PRG to another card with a lower AF.

Ideally, I wanted to go back down to Zync, but was told that couldn't be done (not really a suprise since its discontinued), but instead I could go down to Green without membership rewards for $55/year or Green with rewards for $95/year.

I was told that I had to wait until January to PC but that it would be no problem to get the Green without rewards.

I've never heard of this Green without rewards and it isn't mentioned on the website.

I'm wondering, could this be the replacement for Zync? Has anyone else heard of this?

A Green with no rewards and a 55 AF?  No thank you.

So instead of paying 8 bucks a month for mediocre MR, you'd have to pay 5 bucks a month for no MR at all?

Seems like an absolute waste.  I can't imagine this would replace the zync.  If anyone wanted a no rewards card, there are plenty out there that don't an AF.

Message 5 of 6
HiLine
Blogger

@ccnewcc wrote:

@andre181 wrote:

A Green with no rewards and a 55 AF?  No thank you.

So instead of paying 8 bucks a month for mediocre MR, you'd have to pay 5 bucks a month for no MR at all?

Seems like an absolute waste.  I can't imagine this would replace the zync.  If anyone wanted a no rewards card, there are plenty out there that don't an AF.

+1, or more if possible Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.