Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Green

tag
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

Amex Green

What in the world does it take to get your foot in the door with amex, can't even get a green which is surprising.

I just had some accounts hit a year old and all my others are 6 months old, FICO was 665 EX when I app'd. Truly surprised I just couldn't get approved for it.

FICO 12/2015 - EX 692 TU 685

FICO 10/2021 - EX 596 TU 605 EQ 600 - officially rebuilding.

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Green

Sorry to hear that...What was the reason for denial?? Do u have any baddies?? Please advise

Gregg

Message 2 of 13
taxi818
Super Contributor

Sorry op. The reasons they give are Generic at best so don't worry of that. The best thing is something in your profile is spooking Amex. Which negatives are still on your report is best to ask and how old? lates any of that. this is more than likely the reason. With 665 something is surpressing your score for sure. I know i got both Green and Delta last year with a 665 and not a small limit on Delta it was 10k. But with that i had a single 5 year old collection on my report. After that went away and clean report score went up and i got increase to 20k. So Just wait for the letter and try again.Is this the first time trying for Amex?

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1000

Message 4 of 13
creditguy
Valued Contributor

Sorry to hear about your denial, but there is something they are not liking. I would ask though, are you applying for green because you just want to get a foot in the door at Amex or will it actually be useful? If its just a foot in the door,  I would recommend actually applying for a card you can really use, instead of a foot in the door with a high annual fee. Your scores are not bad and with a little more increase you should qualify for more cards. 

Message 5 of 13
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I have 2 CO's that are paid in full from 4 years ago, due to fall off in a year.

One has payment history which shows perfect payments before going 30 - 60 - 90 - 120 - CO.

One is missing payment history.

And I have another unpaid CA from 4 years ago as well.

I have no idea what reasons for denial are, it never lets me pull them up online. 

What survived:
Amex HH - 1.5K | Amex Delta - 1K | Amex Bonvoy - 1.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex BRG - 3.5K | Amex Business Cash- 2K | Amex Business Plus - 2K
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I know Amex like I know Amex...I can tell you they are not digging the unpaid account..No way.

Any way to resolve it???

Gregg

Message 7 of 13
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

I could call up and settle it at any point, but just trying to achieve a deletion and currently fighting them about it. 

What survived:
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completely understand....however...with amex...once you get that open account remedied...you should be ok..Only thing holding you ip...imo

Good luck
Gregg
Message 9 of 13
jeffm4688
Frequent Contributor

KICKING MYSELF FOR APPING FOR THIS.

Got notifications today, of the 3 "negative" accounts on my report the two paid CO's have been removed as of this morning. My EX fico shot from 655 to 695!!!

Still have that open 1700 dollar collection which I'm going to attempt to get a deletion as it is past SOL but damn. I'm knocking on the 700's door when this collection isn't open for such a high amount of money.

What survived:
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.