Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hates Me

tag
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Amex Hates Me

I've been an Amex member since 1994.  Currently I have a years old BCP (PC'ed from BC last year) and the Everyday card from March.  When I applied for the Everyday card, they approved me for $17,100 but lowered my BCP from $23,400 to $12,900.  At the end of July/Early August, I requested a CLI on the everyday card to 24,900.  Amex asked me to complete a 4506t form (request for tax return).  I guess I went over their threshold so I completed and was approved for the $24,900 credit line. 

It's been 180 days since they lowered my BCP limit, so I requested a CLI on my BCP last week and got the 7-10 day notice.  Yesterday, I received another 4506t form.  I called them and explain that I already filled out the form in August, but she said I still have to fill this one for this request.

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Hates Me

Maybe your internal limit with AmEx is $30,000. Is $30,000 around 40% of your salary?
Message 2 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@techiegirl wrote:

I've been an Amex member since 1994.  Currently I have a years old BCP (PC'ed from BC last year) and the Everyday card from March.  When I applied for the Everyday card, they approved me for $17,100 but lowered my BCP from $23,400 to $12,900.  At the end of July/Early August, I requested a CLI on the everyday card to 24,900.  Amex asked me to complete a 4506t form (request for tax return).  I guess I went over their threshold so I completed and was approved for the $24,900 credit line. 

It's been 180 days since they lowered my BCP limit, so I requested a CLI on my BCP last week and got the 7-10 day notice.  Yesterday, I received another 4506t form.  I called them and explain that I already filled out the form in August, but she said I still have to fill this one for this request.

I'm not sure I would characterize this as Amex hating you, they seem to have given you most things!   This sounds more like process than any issue, you have exceeded some threshold so we need to look at your tax returns, even if we just did.

Do you know what year they looked at last time?   Often prevois year returns aren't available till some time in August, so it's possible that last time they pulled 2012 and now want 2013.

Message 3 of 9
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

The last request was early August, so I'm not sure if it was 2011/2012 or 2012/2013. 

Message 4 of 9
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Maybe your internal limit with AmEx is $30,000. Is $30,000 around 40% of your salary?

No.  It is quite a bit higher.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe they really hate you Smiley Happy
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe there trying to figure out why your requesting CLI when you already have high limits.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe the computer is wondering why you want a high limit on a capped card.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex doesn't hate you. It's just the computer being alarmed at the desire for high credit limits. I work call back and try to explain again that you went through it recently.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.