Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Honors Ascend

tag
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Amex Hilton Honors Ascend

I'm thinking about leaving the garden for an Amex Hilton Honors Ascend card.  I'm staying at a Hilton for a work conference at the end of the month and Gold status would be nice along with the 125k sign up bonus.  My wife is going with me, and it would be nice to treat her to free breakfast every morning.  Plus, how impressed will she be that I'll be GOLD!  I just entered the garden last month, and I swear I'll be back as soon as I get the card.  

What think you guys?  Is it my understanding that Amex has a requirement of 30 days wait time before applying for a new card?  Thanks in adance.  

7 REPLIES 7
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton Honors Ascend

I found this thread, and it seems like it's a mixed bag with Amex. 

How Long Between AMEX Applications?

I'll wait for your opinions.  Thanks again.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding of their app policy is no more than two cards in a 90 day timeframe. I got the base HH card and the Delta Gold the same day in November. I got the Ascend a month ago, with plans to merge my base card’s limit into it once I’m able to do so. Long as you haven’t opened two AmEx cards in the last 90 days you should be good to go.

Side note - the Ascend should easily offset its $95 AF with the SUB. Also, I didn’t know until I received the card, that you get free enrollment into Priority Pass with ten free lounge access passes per year, so that was a nice benefit too. It’s a card well worth having.
Message 3 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My understanding of their app policy is no more than two cards in a 90 day timeframe. I got the base HH card and the Delta Gold the same day in November. I got the Ascend a month ago, with plans to merge my base card’s limit into it once I’m able to do so. Long as you haven’t opened two AmEx cards in the last 90 days you should be good to go.

Side note - the Ascend should easily offset its $95 AF with the SUB. Also, I didn’t know until I received the card, that you get free enrollment into Priority Pass with ten free lounge access passes per year, so that was a nice benefit too. It’s a card well worth having.

That does sound fantastic and sounds like I won't have any trouble getting it if I pull the trigger as early as today.  Thank you!  Thinking...

Message 4 of 8
LakeLife
Established Contributor

Pulled the trigger, and they gave me a lowly $1,000 CL which does not surprise me since they have me $16.5 just this last month on my Delta Skymiles Gold.  I'll make it work just fine.  Thanks again for the information. 

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval, and I’m sure that if you have a limit like that on the DG, this one will grow quickly into a great limit as well.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I plan on going for the Ascend (for the bonus) after I pay off my ED. If I went for it now, I’ll probably get a 1k limit as well.
Message 7 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

As OP has now been approved this thread is closed to further comments. OP is free to start an approval thread in the appropriate forum if so desired.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.