Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Honors Aspire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Hilton Honors Aspire

Just got approved for my first Amex card (Hilton Honors Aspire-5k CL) after yearlong rebuild, bringing EX Fico 8 from 561 to 732!

My question is: do you still receive Hilton Honors points if you pay off the balance before the due date each month?

I plan on paying on the first two cycles on the due date, then applying for CL increase after 60 days. After that, I plan on paying off whatever the balance is on there after using the card each time (once every 48 hours I believe is the Amex limit for appying payments).

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton Honors Aspire

Yes you still receive your HH points if you pay off your balances before they report.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes and congratulations on your approval 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!

Message 4 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just got approved for my first Amex card (Hilton Honors Aspire-5k CL) after yearlong rebuild, bringing EX Fico 8 from 561 to 732!

My question is: do you still receive Hilton Honors points if you pay off the balance before the due date each month?

Yes of course. You earn the points when you make the purchase.

I plan on paying on the first two cycles on the due date, then applying for CL increase after 60 days.

Please don't wait to the last minute.

After that, I plan on paying off whatever the balance is on there after using the card each time (once every 48 hours I believe is the Amex limit for appying payments).

Fine.  Don't worry about limits on payments. If you have trouble pulling a payment on their site  you can always send a payment from your checking account.  But I have never once had them reject a payment, and I've made many multiple payments.

Thanks for any insight you can provide!

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 9
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Using the app you can make 5 payments a day for individual charges. That being said, you really shouldn't. Just pay once a month unless you need to free up the limit for purchases. Payment frequency is something lenders keep track of internally and doing what you plan sets an expectation that you will always do that based on payment and pattern history. If that pattern changes, the computer may flag you as having difficulty making payments or you're suddenly spending beyond your means. In addition, some lenders don't like frequent payments and will limit you to a monthly cap. I found with Amex, cap1, and discover, they don't have a problem with cycling limits and multiple payments, but more conservative lenders may find it to be huge red flags.

Message 7 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on your Approval and rebuild..

Message 8 of 9
drboxing
Established Contributor

yes you do still receive the HH points. Congrats, its a nice card, I carry the Hilton Aspire as well

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.