Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton Upgrade from Ascend to Aspire

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Hilton Upgrade from Ascend to Aspire

Hello myFICOers,

Has anyone received an offer or has successfully upgraded from the Amex Hilton Ascend to Aspire to nab the 150,000 points bonus that's been circulated around?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton Upgrade from Ascend to Aspire

I have not but know many people that have.  Did you get one?  If so, I’d suggest you go for it!

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 2 of 8
Peteyglad
Established Contributor

I did the upgrade several months ago for 150k. No issues at all.

Chase Sapphire Preferred 20k | Amex Delta Platinum 20k | Amex Hilton Aspire 20k | US Bank Cash+ 25k | Chase Amazon Prime 25k | Barclaycard Aviator Red 40k | Bank of America Alaska Airlines 42k | Chase Marriott 50k | Discover It 50.3k | Amex EDP 52k | Citi Thank You Premier 56K | Bank of America BBR 57.9k
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys! I havent got the offer yet.

Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello myFICOers,

Has anyone received an offer or has successfully upgraded from the Amex Hilton Ascend to Aspire to nab the 150,000 points bonus that's been circulated around?

Thanks!

Yes I was offered it and accepted it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 5 of 8
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Is there a way to get all 3 of the subs for the Aspire, Ascend, and based Hilton card? Is this something allowed by Amex?

As I understand it, there are a few options:

1. You can sign up for those 3 cards (anyone managed to do that? i've seen people with 2 of the cards but never all 3)

2. Sign up for the Honors card, get sub. After 1st year, upgrade to either the Aspire or Ascend but as i understand it, you only get the new sub bonus if it was offered. My friend has been waiting for 3 years on his Honors card, no upgrade so he just applied for a new card.

3. More likely scenario is to sign up for the Ascend card, after 1st year upgrade to the Aspire (most likely for me because I dont think my profile will get an approval on the Aspire right away). At some point, you can also sign up for the Honors card leaving you with a total of 2 hilton cards.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudosalert wrote:

Is there a way to get all 3 of the subs for the Aspire, Ascend, and based Hilton card? Is this something allowed by Amex?

As I understand it, there are a few options:

1. You can sign up for those 3 cards (anyone managed to do that? i've seen people with 2 of the cards but never all 3)

2. Sign up for the Honors card, get sub. After 1st year, upgrade to either the Aspire or Ascend but as i understand it, you only get the new sub bonus if it was offered. My friend has been waiting for 3 years on his Honors card, no upgrade so he just applied for a new card.

3. More likely scenario is to sign up for the Ascend card, after 1st year upgrade to the Aspire (most likely for me because I dont think my profile will get an approval on the Aspire right away). At some point, you can also sign up for the Honors card leaving you with a total of 2 hilton cards.

You can sign up for all three, one every couple months if you like. However, there are better cards and SUBs out there then to get all 3 Hilton cards. They will just take up 3 of your 5 revolver spots with Amex. Just don't cancel any of them within 12 months or Amex will claw back the points. 

Message 7 of 8
Ricky_D
Contributor

I had the Ascend for 4 months now, but later realized I wanted the Aspire. Got spoiled with my Mariott Brilliant and it's perks.  I was told last week to wait 3 more months and will auto receive the offer.  Or, I could upgrade now but not get the SUB.  While the SUB is nice, I am spoiled with status (exclusive lounges are way cool). Glad I did it. The invitations by Hilton (concerts, parties, culinary) for the summer are priceless.

But hey, that's me...

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.