Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex I think I am done

tag
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex I think I am done

@Anonymous wrote:
I store account and routing #s in a secure file then copy and paste, instead of entering it manually, whenever I need. Very helpful since I have over 40 accounts (checking, savings, CDs and investment) and always adding for deposit account SUB churning, mistakes probably would have been made had I done everything manually.

Thank you very good tipSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 31 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Usually it may take up to 12 months from the time of the bounce.Unfortunately it's a red flag for them, regardless of how it happened.
Message 32 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear of the new Amex frustration.

There are many good points in the comments to your post. There isn't much I can add.

Except... sometimes the things that frustrate and/or anger us the most, are the things that mean the most, things we want the most. Yes, I'm talking about Amex. 😩  I've read & commented on your very happy posts, and posts like this one, frustrated, angry, a bit hurt. I know it is difficult to ride the highs and lows with Amex. But I truly believe in the future you will be happy with Amex and how you will grow with them. And, in the little I know about you & Amex... I think you would regret dumping your three cards. And, if you dump them now... in the future you will want to try Amex again. And, you will always wonder what could have been.  I'm pretty sure I would. 😏

So, my FICO friend... I hope you stay with Amex, give it and yourself (and DH) the chance of a bright future. 

Also... re the CLI request. If you were up for a CLI, did the request, responded to errant email, got the "two requests in 90" message. I'd call in, or use chat. Explain that you did request, got an email saying to call in... that is why the two requests. Can they do anything? Maybe if they note your file, they will look more kindly on the next CLI request.

Be patient. Unless you can  truly say "Amex, I'm just not into you" "I can too quit you!"

Good luck

Message 33 of 34
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear of the new Amex frustration.

There are many good points in the comments to your post. There isn't much I can add.

Except... sometimes the things that frustrate and/or anger us the most, are the things that mean the most, things we want the most. Yes, I'm talking about Amex. 😩  I've read & commented on your very happy posts, and posts like this one, frustrated, angry, a bit hurt. I know it is difficult to ride the highs and lows with Amex. But I truly believe in the future you will be happy with Amex and how you will grow with them. And, in the little I know about you & Amex... I think you would regret dumping your three cards. And, if you dump them now... in the future you will want to try Amex again. And, you will always wonder what could have been.  I'm pretty sure I would. 😏

So, my FICO friend... I hope you stay with Amex, give it and yourself (and DH) the chance of a bright future. 

Also... re the CLI request. If you were up for a CLI, did the request, responded to errant email, got the "two requests in 90" message. I'd call in, or use chat. Explain that you did request, got an email saying to call in... that is why the two requests. Can they do anything? Maybe if they note your file, they will look more kindly on the next CLI request.

Be patient. Unless you can  truly say "Amex, I'm just not into you" "I can too quit you!"

Good luck

Thank you so much for the adviceSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.