Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex INQ not on any CRs

tag
learnandlearn
Established Member

Amex INQ not on any CRs

Hi - applied for an Amex Zync 2 weeks ago and was rejected. 

Was curious to know which CR Amex used and I pulled reports for TU, EQ from myfico and a report directly from Experian and to my surprise none of them show the inq.

Which CR normally Amex pulls from? and why it is not showing?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex INQ not on any CRs

Not showing means two thing,

* As an existing AMEX cardmember, denial only means SP, OR

* Denial means you are blacklisted. This means in the past you have burned AMEX and AMEX will never do business with you again.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex typically pulls Experian. Since the Zync is one of the easiest amex approvals, my guess is you do not have another Amex card. Therefore, you are probably blacklisted in their systems.

Message 3 of 10
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@learnandlearn wrote:

Hi - applied for an Amex Zync 2 weeks ago and was rejected. 

Was curious to know which CR Amex used and I pulled reports for TU, EQ from myfico and a report directly from Experian and to my surprise none of them show the inq.

Which CR normally Amex pulls from? and why it is not showing?

Thanks for your help!

Was your application rejected or denied?  If it was rejected I would call them and find out why. If it was denied you should get a letter in the mail or an email from them about your denied application.  It does not hurt to try.   Oh and btw they pull EX.

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 4 of 10
learnandlearn
Established Member

Thanks for all of your replies; I used to have Amex but I included it in bk 7 yrs ago...

So once you are blacklisted it looks like you can never get another account  with Amex Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 10
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@learnandlearn wrote:

Thanks for all of your replies; I used to have Amex but I included it in bk 7 yrs ago...

So once you are blacklisted it looks like you can never get another account  with Amex Smiley Sad

I would not say that .......there a few members that have includded them in there BK  and still have it reporting on the CR and still getting a new account..

I have never had an Amex ..I have a BK from 2005 ..I will be trying for it at the 8 yr mark ....will see.......

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Never say never, but you are currently blacklisted for including them in your BK. How much debt did you have with them when you BK'd the account? If it was a large amount I would say your hopes are fairly low at this point, if it was lower possibly a better chance down the road. Of course everyone is a different situation...

Message 7 of 10
learnandlearn
Established Member

Cannot recall to be honest but I know it was not a huge amount. I wanted to pay them off but my bk lawyer advised me against it. 

A day after I was denied, Amex sent me an email recommending the pre paid card.... I am hoping that is a good sign. I applied for it and loaded it up; will see if it helps. 

Message 8 of 10
LS2982
Mega Contributor

If you pay them what you owe them (which IMO if you want their card you should definitely pay it off its the right thing to do) they may consider you again. I would call and speak to a rep and see if that's possible.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 10
gettnthere
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
If you pay them what you owe them (which IMO if you want their card you should definitely pay it off its the right thing to do) they may consider you again. I would call and speak to a rep and see if that's possible.

+1000, although you included them in Bk, the right thing to do is go back an pay them what you owe them. They took a chance on you when they gave you their card so you'll want to rectify the situation between you an Amex, if you want back in with them. it shouldn't be that hard if your pretty sure it wasn't a large sum of money. Most of the members here that have gotten back in with Amex after burning them have went back and paid. it is possible. Good luck to you!

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.