Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex International Currency Cards (ICC)

tag
Deuter
Regular Contributor

Amex International Currency Cards (ICC)

Hi, i know probably myfico is not the right place but i can't also find much info on flyertalk. Does anyone here has first hand experience requesting recently an Amex ICC card?

I might jump in and request one in a few weeks. I wanted to know how hard or easy was to get yours. I want one to have a NPSL Charge card without  AF, in another currency different than USD. The Euro one, i already checked and Amex confirmed me i am eligible. It's just if anyone here by any chance has this card please let me know, i know the market is very niche. More or less i just want it to start building my credit history in GB/EU, but i am not interested in the UK Amex Global Transfer ones as am interested in an standalone card in Euro.

Cheers Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex International Currency Cards (ICC)

I got an Amex ICC over 6 years ago, so not sure if data would help you.

Got the Platinum USD (I was still living in Switzerland at that time).

The process took a few weeks, had to have some papers signed by my banker and a bank guaranteed of $15000. (limit on the card was over $25k at least, because is what I did put on in a month).

Customer service were always great, had an insurance claim (rental) in Australia, and was treated without issue.

I closed the account a year after moving to the US, due to poor professional choices (got broke AF). It was a "pain" to pay the card monthly, (wire transfer who cost me $15 each).

I guess I had a choice of 7 additional cards for free (platinum, gold and green) for myself or others (it was a pain to add additional card members)

Message 2 of 4
Deuter
Regular Contributor

Thanks

Sorry to hear about the CH/USA move. Are you ok now or do you still prefer CH?

I am considering moving to Lux or CH btw.

Paying the card wouldn't be much problem because i can pay SEPA from my Euro account or even with USD through Revolut and then send the Euros if needed. I already have the USA cards so the ICC would be just like an extra, a complementary card to strengthen my Euro cards.. which right now i have to have my first  € credit card. (Have not requested anyone because they are pretty weak compared to US)

Ahh i was going to ask more recent things like if the ICC cards are compatible with Apple Pay???? 

Message 3 of 4
Deuter
Regular Contributor

Ok so i just applied and i think ill now will wait, if i am going to be asked supporting documents or what will happen. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.