Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Is Really Watching Me

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Is Really Watching Me

i would much rather send in docs and have them say ok, here's your max. see you in a year or call us when you income rises.

vs

the old guess what you think we may give you. it'll be ok if you low ball yourself, but don't be too greedy cause we won't give you anything, but try again next month. seemed like a perpetual game of price is right hi-low.

vs

the revised version of the hi-low game with a 6 month cooling off period.
Message 11 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

dnm45227 wrote:

i would much rather send in docs and have them say ok, here's your max. see you in a year or call us when you income rises.

I agree!
Message 12 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fused, when you say they did reviews, what do you mean? Have they actually called you and asked questions? Or are you talking you just noticed that they softed you.

Can you explain? Thanks.
Message 13 of 25
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Amex has done 5 account reviews (softies) since late October. No letters, emails, phone calls or adverse action to date. I just think 5 is a lot in less then 2 months.
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me check how many they have done on me. For some reason I think it is three. But I also have charged up more than 50 perc. on three diff cards- which is abnormal for me. Let me check and I will post back. Give me a couple of mins.
Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, don't have all my history in front of me, but I know on Sept they softed, and I know I just saw one in Nov, and for some reason I think I was sent a cred. watch letter that they softed me again but it just may be on my mind.

Reason I think it is, remember how I posted that I was given grad loan that was a mistake and had to come up w/ almost 7000 and split it up on three cards? So two cards are at like 60-70 perc. and one at 50.

I am positive that is what they are checking on. So far no AA, but I also had just a month ago asked for the CLI on one of the cards to 17K to prepare to charge that 7000 school bill too, only to find out the school didn't accept Amex. Reason I did it so I only  would have had ONE card reporting... and 7K out of 17K would have been alot better than what I have now...but the others are at zero perc. so will pay them down.

So that's def. two since Sept and I  really do think there has been one more.

I think they are testy due to:

• their entrance into less than prime has cause some problems they really weren't prepared for
  • the bottoming of people's funds due to arm's jumping up on int. rates and people's finances in the dumpster
  • and the flattening out of consumer spending in general

Any opinions from you?

Message Edited by netpanther on 12-22-2007 10:40 PM
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
Amex has done 5 account reviews (softies) since late October. No letters, emails, phone calls or adverse action to date. I just think 5 is a lot in less then 2 months.

When you say this can you tell me how many cards you have? I have two, one at 17K and one at 8K.
Message 17 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:
Since late October, Amex has done 5 account reviews on me (2 in the last 14 days) but no adverse action to date. I did two BTs totaling 6K and they haven't reported yet and I also paid off my Amex Blue. Right now I have my First Hawaiian Visa (not updated), Macy's, Discover Motiva and Citi Dividends all with $0 balances. I want to hit the luv button one last time then call it quits. I wonder what Amex will have to say on this???

I know what I'd say to AMEX...if they're gonna put me through all that drama, they'd better give me whiter teeth, a free iPhone with 2000 minutes a month, free rental upgrades from economy to a Maserati, four nights and five days at the hotel of my choice--anywhere on the planet--and cater my next birthday party with an open bar, a Roman feast, dancing girls, and a fireworks show better than Disneyland's.
Message 18 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

"So I would only have one card reporting..." Bad idea in my opinion. I believe utilization is figured on aggregate and individual basis so a big debt like $7000 should be spread across a few cards.
Message 19 of 25
rudy
Regular Contributor

How many times you hit the luv button a year, and how high are your credit scores if you dont mind me asking Right now I am 681,671, and 661 experianSmiley Mad . bucking for that 720 across the board
Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.