Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MR points?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex MR points?

Hi all, new to Amex charge cards.  My first statment closed on the 12th.  I'm wondering when I will see the MR points for my purchases?  It still shows 0

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex MR points?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all, new to Amex charge cards.  My first statment closed on the 12th.  I'm wondering when I will see the MR points for my purchases?  It still shows 0

After your statement closes, Reward Points go into "Pending" until around the time next statement cuts. So your points accrued this statement will be applied around after the cut of your next statement. So, they get delayed about 1 month. At least that is how it is with mine!

Message 2 of 6
mmduluth
Frequent Contributor

That's also how it works with cash back on the blue cash cards.
EQ FICO - 718 - 01/10/2012 EX FICO - 732 - 04/28/2012 (AMEX)

Cap1 Platinum (1000) Macy’s (2000) Chase Freedom (3000) Kohls (600) Best Buy (2700) Amex BCE (8200) Chase Sapphire (5000) CarCare1 (1600) Discover IT (4000)
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not a huge fan of that, but oh well.  My Capone rewards posts as the transaction posts.  I wonder how my Discover More will do it?

Message 4 of 6
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

After your statement closes, Reward Points go into "Pending" until around the time next statement cuts. So your points accrued this statement will be applied around after the cut of your next statement. So, they get delayed about 1 month. At least that is how it is with mine!

Same with mine.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Not a huge fan of that, but oh well.  My Capone rewards posts as the transaction posts.  I wonder how my Discover More will do it?

From what I have been told, It's mostly so someone cannot go out, spend $10,000, get 10,000 points right away (maybe more depending on what you bought and what card/features you have) then turn around and return it all. You could get double points depending on what you bought (so maybe 20k in points), and when you return it all, you keep double points and get all your cash back. Sure, you have a $10k credit on the account, but could also have 2x as many points than if you just were getting 1pt/$1 vs. 2pt/$1. This is a fairly exaggerated example but maybe you can see where I am going with it. It's really for their own protection and to protect the integrity of the MR program.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.