Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex MSD reporting timeframe?

tag
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

Amex MSD reporting timeframe?

My MSD was backdated to 1985 online on 2/25. This month's statement cut on 3/26 and has posted on EQ, but the Date Opened is still reporting 12/14. For those who have been backdated, how long did it take to report? More than one billing cycle? Sure would like to see that bump! Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex MSD reporting timeframe?

bump

Message 2 of 11
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Can take anywhere from 1-2-3 statements, in my experience. Smiley Happy Sorry! Wish I could be more helpful.
Message 3 of 11
Ups77
Regular Contributor

I'm also still wanting. I was chatting with the rep and she said up to 2 billing cycles. My next second statement to cut on April 15. 

Message 4 of 11
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

please let us know if it posts on the next statement!

Message 5 of 11
Ups77
Regular Contributor

I'll  let you know because im interested how will the backdating effect my score. Hopefullyu I wont have to wait till the 3rd billing statement.

Message 6 of 11
onstar
Established Contributor

I have 2 Amex cards. Both took 2 statement cycles.

Card #1: the first statement cut 3 days after I called to correct by MSD. 28 days later, on the second statement cut, the correct MSD showed up.

Card #2: the first statement cut 16 days after I called, and it still showed 2014. On the second statement, the correct MSD showed up.

Based on these two, I will say that it will take between 17 days and 31 days for the MSD to report correctly.

Obviously, YMMV since everything DEPENDS when it comes to credit.

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 7 of 11
hawaii-girl
Regular Contributor

So it looks like it should show up on the second billing cycle, based on an n of1. What was your backdated MSD? How much of a jump did your scores get? I realize it's YMMV...I have 1 card that's backdating, but it's a 30 year backdate.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@hawaii-girl wrote:

So it looks like it should show up on the second billing cycle, based on an n of1. What was your backdated MSD? How much of a jump did your scores get? I realize it's YMMV...I have 1 card that's backdating, but it's a 30 year backdate.

Mine is 1980, scores jumped an average of 22 points.

Message 9 of 11
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

My MSD was update with the CB the next time they reported. If it takes longer you should call and talk to the credit bureau department and they will investigate. Both of my cards were updated respectively at the time each one reported. Unless they have issues with your MSD then it will report automatically. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.