Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Marriott Bonvoy pre approval email

tag
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

Amex Marriott Bonvoy pre approval email

Email title: ChargedUp, you’re pre-approved to earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points (and more)

This is the first time I've received anything like this from Amex. I have no plans where this would be useful in the foreseeable future, so the AF makes this a no-go for me, along with just receiving a huge Chase approval (making me 8/24 plus, we all know how Chase likes to check up on people after approval Smiley Wink )

Has anyone else received Amex pre approvals via email?

Amex marriot bonvoy offer (2).pngAmex marriot bonvoy offer (3).png

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Marriott Bonvoy pre approval email

@ChargedUp wrote:

Email title: ChargedUp, you’re pre-approved to earn 75,000 Marriott Bonvoy bonus points (and more)

This is the first time I've received anything like this from Amex. I have no plans where this would be useful in the foreseeable future, so the AF makes this a no-go for me, along with just receiving a huge Chase approval (making me 8/24 plus, we all know how Chase likes to check up on people after approval Smiley Wink )

Yes.  Via snail mail and email.

Message 2 of 14
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@ChargedUp wrote:

Yes.  Via snail mail and email.

The only thing I've ever received is a constant flow of "Upgrade to Platinum!" mail and pop ups!

Message 3 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

@ChargedUp wrote:

Amex marriot bonvoy offer (2).pngAmex marriot bonvoy offer (3).png

Got the same one via email tonight. Also got pre-approval email offers to apply for AmEx Green (60K points) and AmEx Business Gold (80K points).

Other cards have been putting on the full court press as well. Marriott Bonvoy Boundless and PayPal Mastercard pre-approvals. It seems like I get something from PayPal every other day or so. I'm 3/24 and need to app for an Ink card and Sapphire Preferred, so I have to hold tight on these offers.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 14
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

Yep, same email.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 5 of 14
BetterMoves
Regular Contributor

I also got the email for Green (60K) today, but not interested at this time.

Wells Fargo Active Cash
Discover it Chrome
Amazon Prime Store (Synchrony)
Walmart Store Card (Capital One)
Citi Costco Anywhere
American Express Blue Cash Preferred
American Express Hilton Honors Surpass
American Express Gold
Message 6 of 14
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

Yes!

Lots of emails, snail mail and website offers for pre-approved cards.

Lately Amex has been upping their marketing big time.

Never have I seen so many pre-approvals in such a short period:

150K MR Plat Biz

80K MR Gold Biz

BCP

BBP

Bonvoy

Hyatt

Message 7 of 14
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@4sallypat wrote:

Yes!

Lots of emails, snail mail and website offers for pre-approved cards.

Lately Amex has been upping their marketing big time.

Never have I seen so many pre-approvals in such a short period:

150K MR Plat Biz

80K MR Gold Biz

BCP

BBP

Bonvoy

Hyatt

@4sallypat ...Hyatt?  The Hyatt personal and biz cards are with Chase, not AENB.

Message 8 of 14
Remedios
Credit Mentor

I normally get them deleted without opening, but the one for business Delta platinum made me think about creating eBay login and calling it business (don't worry mods, I ain't talkin' bout business, only about offers ((that happened to be business and it made me wanna cry)). 

I also got offer for the green today, I probably have more interest in washing windows 

Screenshot_20211206-122022_Messages.jpg

Message 9 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Last time I flew Delta, the flight attendants were pushing the Delta Cards super aggro. They must've come on the PA system five or six times during my 2.5 hour flight. It was maddening. Decided that was my last flight with them if I could help it. That was about five or six years ago.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.