cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Member Since Date Changed when New Gold Card Received.

tag
oldman425
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex Member Since Date Changed when New Gold Card Received.

Guess I won't have to worry about mine.  Only been with Amex since 2016.

@Anonymous

12/27/16 - Eq683 TU666 Ex681 04/05/17 Eq742 TU763 Ex757
Message 11 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

All my AMEX cards are backdated including recently when I got the Rose Gold AMEX Gold. It may not affect credit score, but I still like all of them to be backdated Smiley Happy

Just to avoid confusion for others, "backdated" as used here and on other cc forums, means that the record on the CRAs show the old date, and this is what is meant when we say Amex has stopped backdating.  Guess we need another term for showing old dates on the card and web profile!

Message 12 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Right there is no term for what AMEX does with the "Member Since" date so backdate will be my go-to description until a new word is invented. I hope it's something fun.

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

All my AMEX cards are backdated including recently when I got the Rose Gold AMEX Gold. It may not affect credit score, but I still like all of them to be backdated Smiley Happy

Just to avoid confusion for others, "backdated" as used here and on other cc forums, means that the record on the CRAs show the old date, and this is what is meant when we say Amex has stopped backdating.  Guess we need another term for showing old dates on the card and web profile!

Message 13 of 39
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@LunaBuna wrote:

My AMEX PRG had a Membership since 2016, as its date.  I chose to change to the new metal gold card, and when received the date changed to 2006.    Anyone else have a date change when they received the new card?   I did have Amex back in 06 but chose to close it about 08, then did not get a new one until this year.  

I closed out my traditional AMEX Gold back in October, after carrying it for 24yrs.  Feeling overcome with regret, I applied for the metal Gold last month and lo and behold, it arrived printed Member Since 93!  I was resigned to the likelihood that my member date would be reset, but I felt gratitude when I saw it.  AMEX Rocks!Smiley Very Happy

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 14 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, i had an amex card in 2005, closed in 2007, my new RG showed member since 2018...

Message 15 of 39
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
1st card back, Green, member since 2017, since member since 98Smiley Happy. Imagine Amex bringing back bsckdatingSmiley Wink

Now that  would be awesome!!  But I'm not holding my breath!!  Smiley Tongue

Message 16 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@BPebbles wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
1st card back, Green, member since 2017, since member since 98Smiley Happy. Imagine Amex bringing back bsckdatingSmiley Wink

Now that  would be awesome!!  But I'm not holding my breath!!  Smiley Tongue

Well, if we want to imagine, you can go back a little more, when AUs inherited the opening date of the Basic Member card.   So some had a member since date prior to their birth date.    Amex eventually stopped this a few years before backdating ceased entirely.

Message 17 of 39
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Gunnerboy wrote:

@LunaBuna wrote:

My AMEX PRG had a Membership since 2016, as its date.  I chose to change to the new metal gold card, and when received the date changed to 2006.    Anyone else have a date change when they received the new card?   I did have Amex back in 06 but chose to close it about 08, then did not get a new one until this year.  

I closed out my traditional AMEX Gold back in October, after carrying it for 24yrs.  Feeling overcome with regret, I applied for the metal Gold last month and lo and behold, it arrived printed Member Since 93!  I was resigned to the likelihood that my member date would be reset, but I felt gratitude when I saw it.  AMEX Rocks!Smiley Very Happy

It's nice to have it on your card & your AMEX online account but...

It doesn't DO anything for you.

It isn't dated that way on the CBs so doesn't help with credit age, score etc... AAshrugs.gif

My 2 yr old AMEX has a member date since 96 but it doesn't report that way nor does anyone ever see it. 

Message 18 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

As soon as I build a Stevie Griffin (TM) time machine, one of my first actions will be to go back to 2013 and open an Amex EveryDay credit card to place next to my classic gold charge card that has CRA open date decades in the past.

Message 19 of 39
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Pikaboo-icu wrote:

It's nice to have it on your card & your AMEX online account but...

It doesn't DO anything for you.

It isn't dated that way on the CBs so doesn't help with credit age, score etc... AAshrugs.gif

My 2 yr old AMEX has a member date since 96 but it doesn't report that way nor does anyone ever see it. 

What?   You mean whenever you use the card you don't get a swarm of admirers saying "Member Since 96?   You are so impressive!"

(Mine is really backdated to 1987, and I usually have to push through a crowd of screaming groupies)

Message 20 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.