cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Member Since Date Changed when New Gold Card Received.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Member Since Date Changed when New Gold Card Received.

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

well, i had an amex card in 2005, closed in 2007, my new RG showed member since 2018...

@Anonymous this is normal if you applied for the RG when you weren't logged in to the Amex site. 

When they send you a replacement card (either when your current one expires or you request a replacement) the new card will have the "Member Since" date that appears on the Amex dashboard.

I will update later, I actually do have a replacement on the way, xD

Still "since 18". It's okay, lol, its now 2019!

Message 31 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

well, i had an amex card in 2005, closed in 2007, my new RG showed member since 2018...

@Anonymous this is normal if you applied for the RG when you weren't logged in to the Amex site. 

When they send you a replacement card (either when your current one expires or you request a replacement) the new card will have the "Member Since" date that appears on the Amex dashboard.

That's weird... if your dashboard shows your old date any card issued after the initial one should show the correct MSD as well.  (If you apply for a new card while logged in your very first card should have the correct date.)

In any case, if you'll give them a call/chat they should be able to get a new one sent out with the correct date.  Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's weird... if your dashboard shows your old date any card issued after the initial one should show the correct MSD as well.  (If you apply for a new card while logged in your very first card should have the correct date.)

In any case, if you'll give them a call/chat they should be able to get a new one sent out with the correct date.  Smiley Wink

thanks for the advice. I know this should work, my AU's "since" date showes correctly as 98.

I think i m just gonna let it rest for now, i have been battling amex for the replacement card for more than a week, really exhausted. Their first repalcement got delivered to the wrong address by fedex, next one through usps is gonna be late (still in transit after 7 days, i will travel soon, so i can't wait longer), then they had to fedex another to me.

Message 33 of 39
BlueMystic
New Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@LunaBuna wrote:

My AMEX PRG had a Membership since 2016, as its date.  I chose to change to the new metal gold card, and when received the date changed to 2006.    Anyone else have a date change when they received the new card?   I did have Amex back in 06 but chose to close it about 08, then did not get a new one until this year.  

That's typical. Amex shows my member since as 1999, but this is my first card with them in 19 years. I expect it to show up with 2018 on it, but any replacement should show my 1999 date in the future.

+1

In addition, if you're coming back after an "absence" (like I did) your first physical card might have the current year, but once their systems get caught up your dashboard will show your "old" MSD and any replacement cards will have your old date as well.

How long can this take? I opened a new AmEx card back in November after many years on their blacklist (full story here) and the online dashboard still has me as "Member Since 2018". Even though the charge-off was fully paid years ago, I don't dare to call them up and point this out to them out of fear of AA. I'd feel especially dumb if that happened, especially since there's no real benefit to the older date except the "fun" of it.

@[P.S. See also, @sjt (likely correctly) telling me I'm being silly to worry.]

Message 34 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@BlueMystic wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

@LunaBuna wrote:

My AMEX PRG had a Membership since 2016, as its date.  I chose to change to the new metal gold card, and when received the date changed to 2006.    Anyone else have a date change when they received the new card?   I did have Amex back in 06 but chose to close it about 08, then did not get a new one until this year.  

That's typical. Amex shows my member since as 1999, but this is my first card with them in 19 years. I expect it to show up with 2018 on it, but any replacement should show my 1999 date in the future.

+1

In addition, if you're coming back after an "absence" (like I did) your first physical card might have the current year, but once their systems get caught up your dashboard will show your "old" MSD and any replacement cards will have your old date as well.

How long can this take? I opened a new AmEx card back in November after many years on their blacklist (full story here) and the online dashboard still has me as "Member Since 2018". Even though the charge-off was fully paid years ago, I don't dare to call them up and point this out to them out of fear of AA.

@[P.S. See also, @sjt (likely correctly) telling me I'm being silly.]

In that case it sounds like for whatever reason their computer hasn't made the association, at least the computer that keeps track of MSD, anyway (there's little doubt their other systems don't realize you're the same person from years ago).

I also had 'history' with them (from 15 years earlier), and when I applied in 2015 my card came with the currrent year MSD (2015) but my online dashboard 'caught up' about a week later if I recall correctly. 

Since then whenever I've ordered new cards they've come with the 'dashboard' date (1995), and the one time I applied while logged in that card came with the 1995 date.  Any app I make while not logged in will come with the current year on the card, but if I order a replacement the new card comes with 1995.

I don't really think you would be risking AA by calling about the date (again, there's little doubt their other systems haven't made the association) but on the other hand there's little reason to get the date corrected these days since we usually swipe the card ourselves anyway (i.e. very few people will see it but you).

Message 35 of 39
BlueMystic
New Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

I don't really think you would be risking AA by calling about the date (again, there's little doubt their other systems haven't made the association) but on the other hand there's little reason to get the date corrected these days since we usually swipe the card ourselves anyway (i.e. very few people will see it but you).

Yep, I realize it's basically meaningless (and was editing my post to say that while you were replying!) but, dumb though it may be, I think it would be nice to have. But definitely not nice enough to justify screwing up the relationship now that I'm back in the door.

Message 36 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@BlueMystic wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

Yep, I realize it's basically meaningless (and was editing my post to say that while you were replying!) but, dumb though it may be, I think it would be nice to have. But definitely not nice enough to justify screwing up the relationship now that I'm back in the door.

Yeah, in your shoes I probably wouldn't bother, either. 

However it's always possible at some point the system that tracks MSD will 'catch up'... if you ever notice your online dashboard showing the correct (old) date, that will be your 'cue' to order a replacement card.  Smiley Wink

Message 37 of 39
BlueMystic
New Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

However it's always possible at some point the system that tracks MSD will 'catch up'... if you ever notice your online dashboard showing the correct (old) date, that will be your 'cue' to order a replacement card.  Smiley Wink

For posterity: the system hasn't yet "caught up" and I still haven't dared to ask. Smiley Tongue

Message 38 of 39
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@BlueMystic wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

For posterity: the system hasn't yet "caught up" and I still haven't dared to ask. Smiley Tongue

Yeah, I would let sleeping dogs lie as well.  Smiley Wink

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.