Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Member Since Question

tag
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Amex Member Since Question

Happy hurricane day to all my fellow Floridians. Hope all is well and you are all safe.

Back in 1989 I was an AU on my uncles card which may or may not have ended satisfactorily.

Last year, I apped for the BCE and Green cards and was approved for both. When I got the cards in the mail, they said member since 11/16

When I went to set up my online account, It said I was a member since 1989

Question is, is there any real benefit to having my cards reflect 1989 also expecially since I dont know how the 1989 ended.

Thanks

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Member Since Question

@Meanmchine wrote:

Happy hurricane day to all my fellow Floridians. Hope all is well and you are all safe.

Back in 1989 I was an AU on my uncles card which may or may not have ended satisfactorily.

Last year, I apped for the BCE and Green cards and was approved for both. When I got the cards in the mail, they said member since 11/16

When I went to set up my online account, It said I was a member since 1989

Question is, is there any real benefit to having my cards reflect 1989 also expecially since I dont know how the 1989 ended.

Thanks

No, there is not any benefit to having the cards say 'Member since 1989'.  Purely cosmetic.  Doesn't matter either how the accounts your uncle had ended.  Amex stop backdating cards on March 21, 2015.  Very sad day 

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

MeanM- there is no advantage but it looks better upon presentation when using.

Hunkered down here in Tampa waiting on the wrath of Irma.

Stay safe...

Message 3 of 5
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Either you feel very cool or very old, your pickSmiley Wink

Stay safe everybody in Florida!
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

MeanM- there is no advantage but it looks better upon presentation when using.

Hunkered down here in Tampa waiting on the wrath of Irma.

Stay safe...

It does?  75% of the time people taking your card (and now that doesn't even happen that often) never notice that part of your card and the other 25% that see it could care less.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.