Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Member Start Date Benefit of AAOA Enhancement

tag
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Amex Member Start Date Benefit of AAOA Enhancement

For those who don't mind sharing, if you were approved for an Amex card and benefited from the Member Start Date (backdating), how many points did your scores increase? And what were both your former and current AAOA before the benefit?

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Member Start Date Benefit of AAOA Enhancement

Before:

Score: 716

Available Credit: 38k

AAOA 1.8 years

After:

Score: 788

Available Credit: 80.5k

AAOA: 3.9 years

Message 2 of 16
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

Before:

AAOA 1.8 years

After:

Thanks for your response heyArrnold? Not bad: 72-point increase for 2.1-years increase in AAOA.

Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 3 of 16
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

@heyarrnold wrote:

Before:

AAOA 1.8 years

After:

Thanks for your response heyArrnold? Not bad: 72-point increase for 2.1-years increase in AAOA.

No problem. 

Well, inquiries fell off and my limits increased. So that also helped lol. 

Message 4 of 16
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Would any others care to share?
Message 5 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@SOGGIE wrote:

There are so many variables not sure what could be learned!  I don't have mine before and after scores from when I got my second card in Dec, but it backdated 26 years (yeah), but with a think file of around 50 closed and open lines, that adds only 6 months AAoA.   And at the same time, inqs aged off.   So it is hard to tell the actual impact on score.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

heyarrnold:

How do you have such an old backdate? If thats the case you would have had an Amex when you were just born (assuming you are 23 as stated)? Very confused and would like to know how you did it.

Message 7 of 16
heyarrnold
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

heyarrnold:

How do you have such an old backdate? If thats the case you would have had an Amex when you were just born (assuming you are 23 as stated)? Very confused and would like to know how you did it.

I am 21 lol. 

I was an AU and was backdated to the original MSD of the account holder. 

EDIT:

To elaborate, ACM's, prior to 2011, were backdated to the original MSD of the account holder. 

Message 8 of 16
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Thanks for sharing!

@longtimelurker wrote:

@SOGGIE wrote:

There are so many variables not sure what could be learned!  I don't have mine before and after scores from when I got my second card in Dec, but it backdated 26 years (yeah), but with a think file of around 50 closed and open lines, that adds only 6 months AAoA.   And at the same time, inqs aged off.   So it is hard to tell the actual impact on score.

Message 9 of 16
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

@heyarrnold wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

heyarrnold:

I am 21 lol. 

I was an AU and was backdated to the original MSD of the account holder. 

I believe esb may have mistakenly referred to longtimelurker's backdate of 26 years.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.