Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex My offers?

tag
chan85
Established Contributor

Amex My offers?

Was checking my account online and had some offers in the corner for cash back if I spent a certain amount with certain merchants, sorta similar to the foursquare check in offers that come up from time to time. Well one was for DSW- spend $99 and get a $10 credit..... but I just spent $140 at DSW Monday!!!!

I went ahead and added it to my card, and then called them to ask would they count what I spent 2 days ago. The rep didn't seem to sure they would, and kept saying load it on my card and then go, which I had to keep explaining to her. But she said she can submit a request to see if they would go ahead and give me the credit, and it would take about a week to get the answer. I kept trying to get her to explain when the offer became available, but she didn't answer me. She did say it expired next Monday.

Anybody done anything like this before? Did it work out for you? I hate feeling like I missed out on free money.... Smiley Sad

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex My offers?

You have to load it on your card before you make the purchase.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Return your purchase and re-buy it! Act indecisive!

Message 3 of 5
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

OK just a dumb question, where do you get to My Offers? Is it only on the smartphone app or can you find it on the website somewhere?

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
chan85
Established Contributor

@LTomBerry wrote:

OK just a dumb question, where do you get to My Offers? Is it only on the smartphone app or can you find it on the website somewhere?

I have it on my iphone when i log in, but i also had it at the bottom of the screen when logged in online and looked at my statement (it was along the column on the far right side), which was where i added this original offer.

Current Debt Management:
$15k Trinity Financial Management (scheduled pay off late 2021)
$10k NFCU
$350/mth Bridgecrest Auto Loan
Goals: Pay off credit card debt & buy a new home before end of 2020

Long Term Debt:
Fed Loans - $150k
Navient - $100k

Taking a "if God don't do it, it won't get done..." approach to paying these off.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.