Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureaus

tag
Sharingan
Established Contributor

Re: Amex No Longer Backdating to Credit Bureau's

As unfortunate as this is, it was only a matter of time before backdating came to an end. I'm a bit surprised that it has gone on for so long. I have a hunch that it was the bureaus that finally had enough. 

Message 61 of 749
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a memeber since 1999, I opened a new Platinum card with them that statemented on the 30th and an everyday card that statemented today. They should be hitting the CRA soon. I will update as soon they hit with what I see. 

Do the cards show your 1999 MSD in your online account? That will be the real test if it appears there, but is not reported as such.

My recent card which has not reported yet stil shows 2000 on the online account.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 62 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Chilli wrote:

Hmmmm. I just got off the telephone with a supervisor and was told this is not the case...they will still backdate accounts.🙏🙏🙏🙏

Okay, so far two Amex reps say yes and one says no.

PS: The OP notes that yes, they will still backdate BUT they will not be reporting that date to the CRAs.

Message 63 of 749
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

As much as I've benefited and utilized backdating, MXP's observation is correct.  

Same here. Thanks to my wonderful mom, I have an AmEx account that shows opened when I was a toddler and has resulted in a little note on my report that says something like "Indicates credit established before age 18."

Hmm. I believe credit companies are not allowed to base your credit score and such on your age... i wonder if you could get that note removed based on that.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 64 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have been a memeber since 1999, I opened a new Platinum card with them that statemented on the 30th and an everyday card that statemented today. They should be hitting the CRA soon. I will update as soon they hit with what I see. 

Do the cards show your 1999 MSD in your online account? That will be the real test if it appears there, but is not reported as such.

Yes, the cards are printed with 99 as the MSD, since one statement cut just a few days ago I would expect an update to the CRA soon. 

Message 65 of 749
Chilli
Established Contributor

@travisr0 wrote:

@Chilli wrote:

Hmmmm. I just got off the telephone with a supervisor and was told this is not the case...they will still backdate accounts.🙏🙏🙏🙏

What number did you call to verify this? to many conflicting stories around. need some more validity

I called the number on the back of my card. The rep informed me that I only had the card for 1 1/2 months. I asked to talk to a supervisor to confirm. She assured me several times that the account will report the member since date. Also told me my account will rott next week with this date.

Message 66 of 749
baller4life
Super Contributor

I just tried to call but that dept is now closed. Will call Monday to hear for myself. Although 3 people have already talked to Credit Reporting Dept today and they verified it is true. No more backdating to CRAs. Only printed on cards. Who cares??? I want it REPORTED!! Smiley Mad

Message 67 of 749
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh that's just fantastic! I got my amex cards on 16th! welp... there goes my AAOA. Smiley LOL

Message 68 of 749
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

@baller4life wrote:

I just tried to call but that dept is now closed. Will call Monday to hear for myself. Although 3 people have already talked to Credit Reporting Dept today and they verified it is true. No more backdating to CRAs. Only printed on cards. Who cares??? I want it REPORTED!! Smiley Mad

2 said true, 1 said no.

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 69 of 749
baller4life
Super Contributor

3 said true. Smiley Wink Everybody is not posting in this thread.

Message 70 of 749
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.