Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Number backdoor for credit increase

tag
idonthaveaname
New Contributor

Amex Number backdoor for credit increase

Hello,

I recently got approved for the amex blue card. I started with 4.5k limit but I wanted to see if I could improve it. I just activated it. I checked the logs of all the backdoor numbers but they all seem to be about denials. Anyone have a number I could call?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
djrez4
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Number backdoor for credit increase

Amex does not grant CLIs within the first 60 days after activation.  You won't get an increase.

However, if you want to call and ask, the best place to start is the number on the back of your card.

Message 2 of 4
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@idonthaveaname wrote:

Hello,

I recently got approved for the amex blue card. I started with 4.5k limit but I wanted to see if I could improve it. I just activated it. I checked the logs of all the backdoor numbers but they all seem to be about denials. Anyone have a number I could call?

AMEX is not known for CLI upon activation. Wait the 61 days for your CLI then after 6 months you can requst another. 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 3 of 4
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@chnceit wrote:

@idonthaveaname wrote:

Hello,

AMEX is not known for CLI upon activation. Wait the 61 days for your CLI then after 6 months you can requst another. 

+1

You can go for 3x at 61 days. This would be 13.5k. Patience will be your friend here.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.