Did you mean: 

Amex Offer: $10 credit for $10 purchase on Hulu

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: Amex Offer: $10 credit for $10 purchase on Hulu

@tamaralig wrote:

The link on my offer page goes to huluoffer.com/amex

Yep, it does for me as well, but that just takes you to the Hulu front page if you already have a Hulu account.  The link I provide takes you exactly to the page where you can purchase a gift card (if that's what you want to do rather than change your payment method).

You can also navigate there yourself from the homepage if you would like; I was just trying to save folks a few steps.  Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to add the offer to my own card, but it sounds like others are able to use the offer multiple times by adding it to AU cards. Perhaps I misunderstood.
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just ordered and redeemed already got a text from Amex on the offer and email confirming it Smiley Happy now I won't get another renewal until February and adding the $15 card was less then my subscription cost total since I also have Showtime in there and it said it paid for both! Thanks for the tip.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am an existing Hulu customer, and I've used Newegg promos (Amex and Visa Checkout) to buy Hulu "gift" subscriptions for myself. I've also had a month or two of Hulu billed directly by Hulu to my EDP.

Perhaps this offer was marketed to people who haven't paid for Hulu directly with an Amex? Has anyone who's paid for Hulu (directly and within the last few months) with an Amex-issued card gotten this offer?

I hope this isn't what Amex means when they talk about targeting offers based on your spending...it would hardly encourage customer loyalty...though Hulu may have put in some stipulation about only wanting to target new customers.

And, okay...it's not exactly expensive...and Amex and Visa have paid for quite a few of my months already...so I guess I don't have much to complain about.

Message 14 of 24
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! Just added this offer on my BCP card X 3 (2 AU's and mine).

Ah, will keep this in mind for other offers. I have two AUs as well. I'm sure my daughter can find a use for the current Amazon offer.

This time, added to both cards.  Though I do not use Hulu, might try it out.

Signature needs updating
Message 15 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:
Thanks for the heads up! Just added this offer on my BCP card X 3 (2 AU's and mine).

Ah, will keep this in mind for other offers. I have two AUs as well. I'm sure my daughter can find a use for the current Amazon offer.

Same havent tried it although I might... Thinking of cutting the cable cord although I would miss my live sports :/..

Message 16 of 24
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kevinjjc wrote:

Same havent tried it although I might... Thinking of cutting the cable cord although I would miss my live sports :/..

If set up antenna, get live sports (I had cut the cable cord, but moved.  Comcast only option, I get really good packages, and still own tivos so no equipment cost).  Otherwise, I pay 5 a month (which is credited back) for HBO, still have amazon prime and netflix at grandfathered 7.99+tax.  Tivos support Hulu, so can try it out, but I also record, probably won't keep, unless the showtime bundle is good deal.

Signature needs updating
Message 17 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was able to add the offer to my own card, but it sounds like others are able to use the offer multiple times by adding it toAU cards. Perhaps I misunderstood.

I don't have any AU cards (I have two separate accounts) but from what I understand folks with AUs have the AU person/card on a separate login. 

I don't know the specifics on if the offers disappear for the AU once added to the primary or if multiple browsers are required (the multiple tab trick wouldn't work since secondary tabs are automatically logged in to the same account as the first, at least on Firefox), but many folks have reported being able to get the offers to work with AU cards in the past.

Perhaps some folks with AU cards will chime in and provide details... I'm sorry I can't be of more help.  Smiley Sad

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I was able to add the offer to my own card, but it sounds like others are able to use the offer multiple times by adding it toAU cards. Perhaps I misunderstood.

I don't have any AU cards (I have two separate accounts) but from what I understand folks with AUs have the AU person/card on a separate login. 

I don't know the specifics on if the offers disappear for the AU once added to the primary or if multiple browsers are required (the multiple tab trick wouldn't work since secondary tabs are automatically logged in to the same account as the first, at least on Firefox), but many folks have reported being able to get the offers to work with AU cards in the past.

Perhaps some folks with AU cards will chime in and provide details... I'm sorry I can't be of more help.  Smiley Sad

I never have to use multiple browsers, though I have seen people mention it. I added the offer to my own BCE. Then the next day, when I remembered that my DBF is AU on my card, I logged in under his log in and added the offer to his card. I have done this with many offers and it always works.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ohhhh. I didn't even know AUs could have their own logins. Can they only see their own transactions? This is fascinating and would be really helpful for keeping track of money owed in my particular situation.
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.