Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Offers in the mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Offers in the mail

Hello Gang,

After leaving Virgin America I started working for a company that will be having me travel a lot more (ironic right?) and have been eyeballing that Amex Platinum Card. Recently I received a mailed offer, in a rather fancy envelope, offering me the card with a 50k point bonus. I am definitely interested but I had a question or two.

1. What are you all doing right now to try to pull better offers? I have seen a couple different things, and it seems like the Incognito move is best but doesnt seem to be working for me.

2. How accurate are these offers? Are people getting rejected after receiving the offer or are they usually pretty much accepted?

Any help from you old pros would be appriciated. If you have a link I missed I would love to see that as well Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Offers in the mail

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello Gang,

After leaving Virgin America I started working for a company that will be having me travel a lot more (ironic right?) and have been eyeballing that Amex Platinum Card. Recently I received a mailed offer, in a rather fancy envelope, offering me the card with a 50k point bonus. I am definitely interested but I had a question or two.

1. What are you all doing right now to try to pull better offers? I have seen a couple different things, and it seems like the Incognito move is best but doesnt seem to be working for me.

2. How accurate are these offers? Are people getting rejected after receiving the offer or are they usually pretty much accepted?

Any help from you old pros would be appriciated. If you have a link I missed I would love to see that as well Smiley Happy

Thanks in advance!

Right now there are no active offers for the Platinum card beyond the standard 40K MR points.  People have been receiving persnalized offers for 50K and the much better 100K MR points.  If I were you and you can wait I would try to see if Amex eventually sends you an offer for the 100K or another public offer becomes available.  Amex offers are once in a lifetime so it's wise to wait for the highest one to become available.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for Irish. Thank you so much. I can wait a bit. Let's see what comes my way Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly the kind of feedback I was looking for Irish. Thank you so much. I can wait a bit. Let's see what comes my way Smiley Happy

Good luck and if you're going to be travelling a lot, I'd look into the Citi Prestige.  Very good card for travellers as well.

Message 4 of 6
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How accurate are these offers? Are people getting rejected after receiving the offer or are they usually pretty much accepted? 

People do get denied.  Don't assume approval.

Message 5 of 6
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I agree. Offer or not, there are no guarantees.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.