Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Offers

tag
marcforza1
Frequent Contributor

Amex Offers

For those who take advantage of the Amex Offers on your cards like Cheesecake Factory, TurboTax, ect., are there any offers that sometimes comes up for online clothing stores? For clothing, I mainly do that type of shopping online at Under Armour and Reebox (Dicks Sporting Goods selects are "meh" at best). I know that Chase Offers has at least Under Armour and Starbucks deals, which I try to utilize when possible. From what I read, Amex offers are targeted to specific cards but I just want to get a general idea what offers tends to show up for the Hilton Honors since I plan to app for that card soon. 

FICO 8 Scores 12/2017: EX-596; TU-604; EQ-591
Current: EX-648; TU-665; EQ-678
AAoA: 4.4 yrs
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Offers

I have both the Delta and Marriott cards. The offers are mostly the same for stores, and I reckon the Hilton would be no different. Anyway, I do get offers from many types of stores, like (currently) Starbucks, Apple, Levi's, Gap, and lots of others I am not familiar with. Almost every one of them is actually online, or, either-or (physical/online)

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see clothing stores offers quite frequently. Yesterday I had 5% back at Under Armour. That coupled with 3% back through Ebates gives a decent return. I have my ebates set up for MR points and it provides a very nice boost.

EDIT: I didn’t finish reading your post. I have the AMEX gold, so earning MR points. I see you were speaking of Hilton Amex, anyway, the above still applies, just CB instead of MR points.
Message 3 of 8
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I see clothing stores offers quite frequently. Yesterday I had 5% back at Under Armour. 

I think I should note that I am not seeing Under Armour currently. Maybe MR cards are different from co-branded cards. Although I think I might have seen them in the past.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I see clothing stores offers quite frequently. Yesterday I had 5% back at Under Armour. 

I think I should note that I am not seeing Under Armour currently. Maybe MR cards are different from co-branded cards. Although I think I might have seen them in the past.

I'm sure they are all different.  My DW is an AU on the gold and she has different offers than I do, sometimes better ones.  I do have a Dicks that just showed up today as well as UnTuckit for $20 back on $100 spend.

Message 5 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Some offers are for +2 MRs per dollar spent at certain merchants. Obviously, those are only on MR cards. Offers for +1 cent, +1 Marriott point, or +1 SkyMile per dollar spent are far less common.

Some offers only go to certain card "tiers". In 2014 or 2015 I used a Brooks Brothers offer on PRG...something like $50 off $175+. Not knowing any better, I called and asked if they could give me the offer on BCE, too. The rep said that offer had been limited to PRG and Platinum cards.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get a ton of clothing stuff. Most of it is dress clothes, I think Amex may look at past shopping history as well. Wish I could get a Brooks Brothers to come up, I'd have a field day.

None the less, I've had offers for both Adidas and Dicks Sporting Goods recently that I've taken advantage of as well.
Message 7 of 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I get a ton of clothing stuff. Most of it is dress clothes, I think Amex may look at past shopping history as well. Wish I could get a Brooks Brothers to come up, I'd have a field day.

None the less, I've had offers for both Adidas and Dicks Sporting Goods recently that I've taken advantage of as well.

Keep in mind that a lot of the offers are really just advertisments that happen to occasionally be useful. Or they're from merchants that intentionally overprice their goods so the "discounts" give the illusion of savings.

My experience has been, with few exceptions, that using an Amex card at a retailer decreases the chance of getting an offer. They don't want to throw away money on existing customers!

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.