Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PC.

tag
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Amex PC.

Hi everyone. I just want some clarification on whether or not Amex does a hp when pc'ing cards, specifically their charge cards. I've looked up answers but cannot find an accurate one.

Been in the garden for 8 months and want to keep it like that. Smiley Happy Thanks.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
nada9188
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amex PC.

No hard pull. You will even keep the same card number after a pc. Same policy for charge/credit.
Message 2 of 6
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

::edited::

Wow, that's neat!

How about the Signup bonus?  Let's say PC'ing from Green to PRG...can i still keep the same # & get the sign up bonus?

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 6
brianjb
Contributor

I have three AMEX cards.  I wanted to change my Hilton card to the Hilton Surpass.  I asked a representative about this, and they said that you need to have the account open for 12 months before doing a PC.  Otherwise, you can apply for a new account.

AMEX TrueEarnings 10K | AMEX BCE 10K | AMEX Hilton Honors 10K | AMEX Hilton Surpass 2K | Bank of America 1-2-3 2K | Barclay Card 2K | Chase Southwest Premier Visa 6K | Chase Marriott Premier Visa 9K | Discover IT Card 1.5K | Merrick Bank 1.4K | Navy Federal Credit Union Visa 10K | Navy Federal Credit Union navCheck 15K | USAA Rewards 7K |+ tons of store cards (GE furniture, Amazon, Lowes, Home Depot, etc)
Total amount of available credit $100K
Scores (as of December 2013) Equifax 714 | Experian 714 | Transunion 727
Short term goal is score 750+ across the board
Long term goal is to have all scores close to 800 or 800+
Message 5 of 6
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Hi everyone. I just want some clarification on whether or not Amex does a hp when pc'ing cards, specifically their charge cards. I've looked up answers but cannot find an accurate one.

Been in the garden for 8 months and want to keep it like that. Smiley Happy Thanks.

Remember that with AMEX and Backdating, applying instead of PCing can acually help you CR.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.