Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PIF "late"?

tag
greenpang
Contributor

Amex PIF "late"?

I always pay in full, but I just screwed up. I'm in the process of switching banks -- I transferred funds, but they won't be available for a few days.

I have an Amex bill due tomorrow 9/10, and the balance on my last statement is ~$4100. I will be able to pay the full balance on 9/12, which is before the statement cuts but is after the due date.

I left about $1000 in my old bank account, so I could use that to pay them on the due date tomorrow, but it will be my first time not paying the full statement balance on the due date. Smiley Sad

I know Amex doesn't like this... Should I call them and let them know what's going on? Or any other suggestions for what I should do?

Also, will I be charged interest for the two days between the due date and the day I PIF?

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex PIF "late"?

You're overthinking this. Pay the 1000 and the rest when you can. As long as you pay the minimum you have nothing to worry about.

Message 2 of 7
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

do what the poster above advised, the only thing to consider is you will be billed interest for the average daily balance for the full statement, as well as two days on your next statement.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 7
mikhro
Valued Member

Are you referring to  your AMEX Green charge card or your AMEX BCE?

In the garden until June 2014
Message 4 of 7
greenpang
Contributor

@mikhro wrote:

Starwood.

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 5 of 7
ObieGrad
Valued Member

There is no hit to your credit by not paying in full, just make sure you pay the minimum!!!!

Message 6 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

@greenpang wrote:

@mikhro wrote:

Starwood.

You will be fine pay what you wish today or the minimum and pay the rest on the 12th I think you said which is tomorrow 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.