cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex POT Promo Click Bait (not happy at all)

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Amex POT Promo Click Bait (not happy at all)

What does footnote 2 on the letter say?

Message 11 of 18
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@jcooks, Great Meme ^^^^^^

Would say at this point, at least to me ...It would be the principal of the matter .. and not the actual 20,000 points.

I have had many things that  jerked irked me about AmEx since 1983. 

SD'd them ..many more times than my X-wife. (and that say's a lot)

It really is a LOVE/HATE relationship.

Said to the RAT .. go pound sand! >> (Can't actually post here what I really said)

I have even churned/closed some of those "precious" accts. just because they pissed me off!

Only keep a few cards with them now, as I can profit from them.

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Message 12 of 18
jcooks
Established Contributor

It said please see back of letter for additional disclosures.  Unfortunately, this letter was thrown away since I didn't expect this much trouble with it. 

Message 13 of 18
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

You're not alone with the bait and switch of POT, but sadly I don't think you will have any recourse to get it resolved. They will just fluff you off and act like they're investigating but they won't. Was just getting upset at them today because I'm basically at square one of getting it resolved. The lady couldn't even find my resolution ticket until I gave her the confirmation #and had to re-explain the offer. I'm really disappoint in amex being a loyal customer for over 7 years and putting spend that really doesn't give me many points. At this point sock drawing is best and only use for amex offers.tempFileForShare_20220915-215236.jpg

Message 14 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Eagered2succeed wrote:

You're not alone with the bait and switch of POT, but sadly I don't think you will have any recourse to get it resolved. They will just fluff you off and act like they're investigating but they won't. Was just getting upset at them today because I'm basically at square one of getting it resolved. The lady couldn't even find my resolution ticket until I gave her the confirmation #and had to re-explain the offer. I'm really disappoint in amex being a loyal customer for over 7 years and putting spend that really doesn't give me many points. At this point sock drawing is best and only use for amex offers.tempFileForShare_20220915-215236.jpg

Poor spelling and grammar. Maybe escalate to a US-based supervisor?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 15 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

If you dont care about the card a complaint to the CFPB would be in order, be sure to send copy of that email to them....

Message 16 of 18
GatorGuy
Valued Contributor

Both myself and my wife have done the POT promotion despite having cards which it was automatically turned on originally.

Message 17 of 18
jcooks
Established Contributor

@GatorGuy wrote:

Both myself and my wife have done the POT promotion despite having cards which it was automatically turned on originally.

Well according to the rep I spoke to, no person with a personal gold should be eligible since it was once turned on during account opening.  Which I don't believe.  Just sucks that they sent these put and are not honoring it.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.