Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG Denied Due to Closed Account

tag
bahbahd
Established Contributor

Amex PRG Denied Due to Closed Account

Well, I must be blacklisted for an old business Open gold card that was CO for about $1200 bucks many, many years ago. I've tried to call up Amex to pay this debt, but they would not accept and passed me over to Zwicker something CA.  I have not paid Zwicker yet. Looks like I will call Amex EO again today and try to PIF my old business card balance.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Denied Due to Closed Account

Amex is pretty hardcore about having past debts paid before issuing new cards, it's going to have to be taken care of before you can get another one. 

Message 2 of 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

Well, I must be blacklisted for an old business Open gold card that was CO for about $1200 bucks many, many years ago. I've tried to call up Amex to pay this debt, but they would not accept and passed me over to Zwicker something CA.  I have not paid Zwicker yet. Looks like I will call Amex EO again today and try to PIF my old business card balance.

If it really has been sold to a CA, Amex may not be able to (or at least be bothered to) help with payment, as it no longer a debt they own.

Message 3 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@bahbahd wrote:

If it really has been sold to a CA, Amex may not be able to (or at least be bothered to) help with payment, as it no longer a debt they own.

Amex doesnt really sell their accounts, they assign them to various collection agencies. The accounts get pass around from one collection agency to another after a period of time.

If you dont hear from the EO and end up contacting Zwicker, you should ask them about Oasis.

Another thing my friend had an old co account with Amex and she ended up mailing a payment to them directly. They accepted and cashed the check.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 4 of 6
bahbahd
Established Contributor

@sjt wrote:

Amex doesnt really sell their accounts, they assign them to various collection agencies. The accounts get pass around from one collection agency to another after a period of time.

If you dont hear from the EO and end up contacting Zwicker, you should ask them about Oasis.

Another thing my friend had an old co account with Amex and she ended up mailing a payment to them directly. They accepted and cashed the check.

This is exactly what I want to do! Not trying to get out of paying them. Just a fool who keeps putting it off for no good reason.

Message 5 of 6
sjt
Senior Contributor

@bahbahd wrote:

@sjt wrote:

This is exactly what I want to do! Not trying to get out of paying them. Just a fool who keeps putting it off for no good reason.

Sent you a PM

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.