Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex PRG Just Got Better! $250 AF

tag
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex PRG Just Got Better!

My hobby is cooking, so I rarely eat out, and I never order takeout or delivery.  When I do eat out, it's at nicer places than Cheesecake Factory and Shake Shack.  So, for me, the dining credit is like the airline incidentals credit:  it's a credit for an expenditure that I would not normally make.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 51 of 981
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am excited for the change. Now that I think of it, I was receiving mailers form AMEX regarding having to re-enroll in primary auto insurance if I ordered a card after a specified date. I was not sure why, but this may align with the launch date. I think I shredded the paper, but I can see if there is anything online. I thought it was late October or early November, but I can't remember. I am thinking the fee goes up to $250 $225/year. Maybe even a 20/mo similar to the Canadian Cobalt.

Message 52 of 981
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@MrDFinance wrote:
Grubhubs fee is $5.99 tip usually 2 bucks....
Basically telling all card holders you can order once a month for free, tip included and 2 dollars off your order....

It's how you look at it and I'll take it especially if I was already going to pay the fee as is....

And getting food from a place that doesn't deliver has value attached to it lol Smiley Happy

I see some places on GrubHub that only charge $2 delivery with a $10 minimum.

I also see a place that wants $8 (outlying NYC suburb).

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 53 of 981
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrDFinance wrote:
Grubhubs fee is $5.99 tip usually 2 bucks....
Basically telling all card holders you can order once a month for free, tip included and 2 dollars off your order....

It's how you look at it and I'll take it especially if I was already going to pay the fee as is....

And getting food from a place that doesn't deliver has value attached to it lol Smiley Happy

I guess I would just as soon just get the food myself.  Or eat there.  

Message 54 of 981
Anonymous
Not applicable

My question is, apply for one now and potentially lock in a lower AF (assuming they raise it), or wait til new benefits are announced to see if there is an extra nice SUB?

Message 55 of 981
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Mpz, given the increased benefits if you can find the 50k SUB I'd get it now. I doubt they'll increase sub and rewards.
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 56 of 981
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
Mpz, given the increased benefits if you can find the 50k SUB I'd get it now. I doubt they'll increase sub and rewards.

They've done 75k before.

Message 57 of 981
Caught750
Valued Contributor

I was unaware of this, still... Increased credits, increased earning, and the highest SUB?
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 58 of 981
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does seem like a bit much to hope for that they'd increase benefits, credits, and a giant sub. But who knows. I'm also at a 710ish Fico, so borderline, and they may increase qualifications once new benefits go into effect. Might just give it a shot when I see a 50k offer. 

Message 59 of 981
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Caught750 wrote:
I was unaware of this, still... Increased credits, increased earning, and the highest SUB?

It is possible that any increased bonus would mean paying a higher (new) AF in year 2, or maybe not getting it waived the first year.

And we don't know if they'll be taking any features away other than gas as a bonus category...

Message 60 of 981
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.