Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Pay over Time

tag
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Amex Pay over Time

I was approved for Amex Green 5 months ago. I was unaware that the pay over time option was only offered to some. I got an email from Amex earlier congratulating me on the offer. On average I put about $900-1100 on the card monthly except this month. 

UPDATE: I had issues with the enrollment. long story short alot of accounts got this eligibility email yesterday and they cant honor it as it was a technical glitch. I was constantly asked was the email fraudulent until I gave a valid offer code. Very disappointed at this.

Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Pay over Time

@smoop88 wrote:

I was approved for Amex Green 5 months ago. I was unaware that the pay over time option was only offered to some. I got an email from Amex earlier congratulating me on the offer. On average I put about $900-1100 on the card monthly except this month.

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 25
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Congrats... the pay over time CL is usually a whopping 35K

Message 3 of 25
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I just got that same email yesterday for my PRG....interest rate was 15.49% or something like that. Does it look bad to amex to pay over time on a charge card? I just don't understand really lol 

EQ: 584 TU: 615 EX: 612

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 4 of 25
smoop88
Regular Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

I just got that same email yesterday for my PRG....interest rate was 15.49% or something like that. Does it look bad to amex to pay over time on a charge card? I just don't understand really lol 

hey Mattayy I got the offer yesterday as well. I had issues enrolling come to find out it was a glitch so I was told that happened to alot of accounts yesterday. They wont honor it in fact they gave me the run around about the email being "phishing scam" until I gave them the offer code. upset is an understatement.

Message 5 of 25
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Did it come with MR points?  If not, don't sign up until you get that offer.

Message 6 of 25
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

I just called Amex and the guy over the phone said it was a glitch in their system but that it should be up and running by the end of the week so to just keep clicking on the enroll link once a day and it should work within a couple days. I also just got another email a little bit ago about the BCE and it being a customized offer for me with an RSVP code....hmmmm 

Cap 1 Williams Sonoma Visa $3.5k limit, Walmart MC $2k limit, American Express Platinum $2K limit, Venmo Visa $900 limit, Credit One Amex $700 limit, Credit One Visa $400 limit, Kohls $300 limit, Target RedCard $300 limit, Living Spaces $1k limit, Amazon $400 limit, Jcrew $450 limit, US Bank $300 limit
Message 7 of 25
smoop88
Regular Contributor

@mattayy wrote:

I just called Amex and the guy over the phone said it was a glitch in their system but that it should be up and running by the end of the week so to just keep clicking on the enroll link once a day and it should work within a couple days. I also just got another email a little bit ago about the BCE and it being a customized offer for me with an RSVP code....hmmmm 

Yup got the same BCE offer already applied lol

Message 8 of 25
mattayy
Frequent Contributor

Is it real or another glitch? haha did you get approved?

Message 9 of 25
smoop88
Regular Contributor

Most likely a denial interesting thing is after I applied I didn't get a we got your application email like they normally send. 

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.