Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Plan It Experiences

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Plan It Question

As part of the BCP upgrade no-fee promo...

$1k state taxes, 18 months

~$1k home improvement store, 24 months

~$1,300 insurance payment, 24 months

Each plan is a single purchase, and each purchase was made after the preceding purchase's plan was created. $16k CL on BCP with trivial balances on my other Amex cards.

1% cash back is nothing amazing, but I'll keep using the card as long as they keep giving me nice repayment options on the purchase before. I'll likely be buying a refrigerator before 9/30 so might put it on BCP - or a Citi card before 9/22 for price protection.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 71 of 74
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

Re: AMEX Plan It Question

I decided to try Plan It since I have an offer of $0 fee plans if done before end of September.

$300 purchase, was offered 18, 21 or 24 month plans.  (Of course I took the 24 months since it's 0% money for 2 years.)

Credit limit is only $1000 on this Delta Gold card, but I do plan to use all of the 0% money offered.

Message 72 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Plan It Experiences

I've used Plan It a few times now for our auto insurance premiums.  It is about the same cost to charge the entire 6 month premium to our Gold Delta Skymiles card and pay the Plan It fees as it is to have the insurnace company bill in installments, so I figured I might as well go the Plan It route and get some Miles out of it.  The charge is around $850 and I plan it for 6 months.  However, a notice popped up the other day saying I'm a "Plan It Pro" and offering to let me combine up to 10 purchases into one plan. 

G

Message 73 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Plan It Experiences

I just used the Plan It feature for the first time ever on a large purchase of mine with zero fees. I had lots of payments come through at the same time (home remodel/wedding/etc) so the timing of this is great! I'll keep everyone posted how the overall experience is once I am done with it. 

Message 74 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.