Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Plan It is a Great Feature

tag
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Plan It is a Great Feature

Plus you still get your (percent back/points) on Plan-It purchases... 

I miss Amazons 0% APR 5 payment option... I could get my rewards points, AND spread it out over five payments for 0%. Now i only get the chase card version which gets you NO rewards though its 0% over time... (6 mo with option for splitting it out, or paying divided out however you want in that time frame) But the way Chase does it is a bit confusing on the statement ... I ended up just paying it off early as a result of not quite understanding how it works.. 

-J

Message 41 of 49
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Plus you still get your (percent back/points) on Plan-It purchases... 

I miss Amazons 0% APR 5 payment option... I could get my rewards points, AND spread it out over five payments for 0%. Now i only get the chase card version which gets you NO rewards though its 0% over time... (6 mo with option for splitting it out, or paying divided out however you want in that time frame) But the way Chase does it is a bit confusing on the statement ... I ended up just paying it off early as a result of not quite understanding how it works.. 

-J

I'm wondering if you put a purchase on Plan It if that purchase amount would still count on you spend requirement for a SUB? If you get points/rewards for it I would think it would. I just accepted the offer to upgrade my BCE to Preferred, with a $1k spend for $250 SUB. I owe $790 co-pay for a hospital stay in March which will meet a big chunk of my spend requirement, and it'd be nice to have a couple months to pay it off, but only if it counts on the spend requirement.

EDIT: I hadn't checked out the Plan It feature at all and just did. The purchase has to post to your account before you can create a Plan It, so if it posts to your account as a purchase and then create a Plan It payment then it surely counts toward a SUB Spend. I checked their FAQs and didn't find anything about if purchase paid through Plan It count toward a SUB spend, only that they do count for rewards/points. Before I would put the co-pay on Plan It I'll confirm with a rep on Chat that it counts toward my spend requirement, and save the transcript.

Message 42 of 49
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Yes I can confirm Plan-its do contribute to a SUB ... Tried it with an apple watch =)

(edit: SUB=Sign Up bonus.. Usually dependent on some form of spend in the first 90 days/3mos.. )

Message 43 of 49
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@joltdude wrote:

Yes I can confirm Plan-its do contribute to a SUB... Tried it with an apple watch =)

Great!!! Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Message 44 of 49
minimal_debt
Established Member

What does SUB stand for?

Message 45 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 46 of 49
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@minimal_debt wrote:

What does SUB stand for?

Here's a link to a thread that lists common abbreviations used on myFICO: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/User-Guidelines-General/Common-Abbreviations/td-p/88458

Message 47 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I was using my Cash Magnet and noticed that a $120 charge on Amazon had the Plan It option on it. I went ahead and tapped through and it has now been set up for $10 a month for 12 months (I have the 0% for 15 months so no interest concerns here). 

I just got the email that it’s all been set up and it even says that my Adjusted Balance on my statement will be my Plan payment + the rest of my statement balance and that paying more than that will just pay off the Plan prematurely. 

This is a pretty neat little feature. My card has a due date of the 1st of the month which is pretty much the worst due date possible for me (I don’t get paid til the 3rd) and the online system wont let me change it just yet so I’ve now removed $110 from my statement balance with a few taps on my phone.

It isn’t really something I can see myself using generally, especially with a regular 24.24% APR, but I can see how it can take some of the stress off people when they overspend from time to time. 

Message 48 of 49
Anonymous
Not applicable

how do i plan?

Message 49 of 49
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.