Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Plat: Pre-set Limit Dropped

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Amex Plat: Pre-set Limit Dropped

A year ago we were FR'd on our Plat and a $4200 hard limit was established.  In the past year, I've opened a BCE with a $3200 limit and just got a HHonors Surpass with an $11300 limit.  When I logged into my account today to active our Hilton card, the spend limit was still there.  An hour later, it has changed back to "no pre-set limit"  I'm not going to call and question it Smiley Wink

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Plat: Pre-set Limit Dropped

Congrats!  I would love to be a part of the Amex family again, but I had a very small charge off with them in 2001. :/

Message 2 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I thought HH is a Credit card and only charge cards have the no-preset spending limit.

Message 3 of 7
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

I thought HH is a Credit card and only charge cards have the no-preset spending limit.

I believe the OP was referring to the AMEX Platinum limit being lifted.   

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 4 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@visorboy1974 wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

I believe the OP was referring to the AMEX Platinum limit being lifted.   

It is normal with Amex to lift the hard limits after 12 months of good standing. They set hard limits on 3 of my charge cards last year and they removed it this year for me. Congrats to OP.

Message 5 of 7
n777ua
Established Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:

Was referring to a hard limit placed on my Plat.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 6 of 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@n777ua wrote:

@Red1Blue wrote:

Was referring to a hard limit placed on my Plat.

It is normal with Amex to lift the hard limits after 12 months of good standing. They set hard limits on 3 of my charge cards last year and they removed it this year for me. Congrats to OP.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.