Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

tag
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum 100K approved with 91% Util

If you have a Zync open right now, you won't receive the bonus Smiley Indifferent

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 11 of 20
djrez4
Established Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@djrez4 wrote:

My understanding is that if you've held (not applied for) another Amex charge in the last 90 days, you're not eligible for the bonus.

Not true, I already have a Zync card at the moment.

Nothing stops you from applying and being accepted, but have you confirmed that you'll receive the 100k?  The terms are pretty clear that you won't.

Message 12 of 20
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I that case I am screwed Smiley Frustrated

Well can I request a PC to AMex PRG in this case? for no annual fee

Message 13 of 20
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Of course, they want you to be Platinum!!!

They get a HUUUUUUUGE AF from you and it's PIF.... While I def want an Amex Plat.... I feel like Amex prob makes a LOT of money off of people with these accounts....I love my BCE and just hope to get a $25,000 limit in a few more months! I like revolvers! haha

but maaan, this card is a beauty! :-)

CONGRATS!!!!

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 20
nickn86
Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

@CruzImperial wrote:

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Hello,

I posted last month to get some opinions on whether to apply AMEX PRG or not with close to 90% util. The consensus was NO. Discussion is right here:     http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Should-I-apply-for-AMEX-PRG/td-p/1733992

Fast forward last night, I also saw the AMEX Platinum 100K sign up bonus but when I ran my info on CreditCards.com, all I got back was CRAP ONE cards (maybe because of my Util?). I still took a chance and applied for Platinum and voila!!!!!!!!! Instant Approval with 91% Util (I know high and going to be paid next month). I just wanted to post this for anyone who thinks AMEX weighs util highly. I have had Zync from past 2 years, always paid in full with average monthly spending around 4000-4500.

Some info on my app:

683 Fico on EX from Jan 2010 (Auto enhanced from BMW Financial Services)

103000 Annual income reported in last nights application.

1 inq on EX from Jan 8, 2010.

No wonder my mother got instantly approved couple of minutes ago lols

..jkjk, GRATS!! I would go as far as saying that Amex lowered the stardards while the 100,000 MR points promo is up but that would be bs big time from my part.

I'm very happy for you and everyone who got approved for the offer!! Nice love from amex is always welcomed Smiley Very Happy

Thanks :-) I'll squeeze out all the benefits this year and probably PC to Amex PRG before next Annual Fee hits.

The annual fee is due with the first statement unfortunately.

Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 15 of 20
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Yes I am aware of the fact that Fee is due in first statement. My question is can I call them and PC to PRG before activating this card?

I am in a huge dilemma now Smiley Sad Should I try out platinum for a year or PC to PRG right now .. Help meeeeeeee

Message 16 of 20
djrez4
Established Contributor

If you'll use the travel benefits of the Platinum, keep it.  If not, ask for the PRG on activation.

Message 17 of 20
nickn86
Contributor

Sorry! Read your post wrong. Keep in mind you can make the AF effectively 250 by using the airline credit. People have had success getting airline gift cards credited. If the Global Entry program is of any use to you that's another 100 credit.
Chase Sapphire Preferred - 5.6k (3/13) | Amex Premier Rewards Gold - NPSL (1/13) | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer Visa Signature - 9k (1/13) | Amex Delta Gold - 6k (9/12) | Citi Forward Visa - 10k (10/12) | Discover It - 2k (2/12) | Chase +1 Visa - $300 (2/11)
Message 18 of 20
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

@nickn86 wrote:
Sorry! Read your post wrong. Keep in mind you can make the AF effectively 250 by using the airline credit. People have had success getting airline gift cards credited. If the Global Entry program is of any use to you that's another 100 credit.

HI nickn86, Thats what I am thnking. 250$ after 200$ gc's from airline partner, than 25$ Small business Saturday in November :-) that makes it 225 , than next year in jan I can get another 200$ airline gc and on Jan 7 2013 I cancel the card before next Annual fee.

So I am looking at:

450$ Annul Fee

-200 Airline GC

-25 Small Business Sat

-200 Airline GC in 2014

-------------------------------

25$ next cost.

-------------------------------

Cancel card before next Annual Fee.

Can anyone correct me if I am completely clueless with my calculation here?

Message 19 of 20
djrez4
Established Contributor

You may have trouble getting the 2014 airline GC credited because it's so early in the year.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.