cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum C Card and Chase Reserve in 3 to 4 months.....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Platinum C Card and Chase Reserve in 3 to 4 months.....

Hey gang!

So I got some questions that I want to ask and could really use your help. I plan to be in the garden for another 3 to 4 more months before I app again, but wanted to get some feed back on these 2 specific cards. I want to know my chances of the Amex Platinum and the Chase SR? 

I currently have a Discover It w/ a 1500.00 limit and just got approved for a Signature Visa of 10.5k with my local CU (BECU). Had the Discover for 3 to 4 months now and will hit that magic button to ask for a increase next month finally,  haven't used the Visa Signature yet. As well, got approved for a 5k PL with the credit union as well. My profile is below. 

Around March I will app for both and might app for a Citibank Cash Back card at the end of the March. I am a very very VERY heavy traveler, and I mean I travel every other week. When the boarders finally open to go overseas, I will be out of the country A LOT haha! So my question is, by my information below, what are chances? I will garden for a couple more months and put some usage on these 10.5k Visa to show I can easily handle it and pay down the PL by the 1st of March. 

Fico8 score's and check this morning 

-(TU/ 721) (EQ/ 723) (EX/ 719) 

AAoA 6 years month

-No Derogatory, No Collection,  No Lates

-INQ's TU/ 3 EQ/ 2 EX/ 2

2 % UTL

-Discover It 1500.00  4 to 5 months old

BECU Cash Back Visa Sig 10,500.00

1 month old

-BECU Personal Loan 5000.00 2 months old 3900.00 balance ( will pay down. to 1500/ 2000 by March)

-OH, I also have a SYNCHRONY card for furniture at Ashleys for 2100.00. NO BALANCE.

Advice is greatly appreciated guys!

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum C Card and Chase Reserve in 3 to 4 months.....

I can't really comment on the cards you're interested in, but I do have a few points.

First, if you've only had your Discover card for a few months I'm not sure you'll be able to obtain a CLI.  Most of the talk in this forum since Covid hit is that new accounts opened in 2020 have not been able to receive CLIs / you must wait 1 year.  Still try by all means, but I think you would have to anticipate being declined. 

Second, I'm a bit confused by your scores.  What are your other age of accounts factors outside of your 6 year AAoA?  If your AAoA is 6 years it means your AoOA is certainly greater than that and I'm thinking your file isn't thin as you've listed at least 4-5 open accounts when you may have some closed accounts as well.  All that being said, a clean/thick/aged file with 2% utilization should result in Fico scores easily 70-90 points higher than what you referenced.  Maybe you can give a bit more information regarding your file?

Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey there!

So if you mind, I had some major fraud as some this year that got some cards close and removed from my file. As well I donhave a car loan on my report I forgot to mention that was paid off back in 2013 as well as  Chase CC I closed back in 2016 in great standing.

If you go take a look at my very 1st post it explains everything.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

We still need more information about your file.  From your last post it only confirms that you have a thick file, but that's really it.  I'm not seeing the rest of what you're referring to in your original post.

Clean/thick/aged file with ideal utilization should yield ~800ish Fico scores.  Just trying to get to the bottom of it.

Message 4 of 16
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

What was the final CL on that Chase card you closed in 2016?

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase freedom as 6000.00

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not really sure what more you want my friend. I was very open about everything. Again, I had cards with Amex, Citi and Cap One (all with 2k to 15k CL's) that got closed due to fraudulent cards being opened with them. They got closed and taken off my CP after I proved the fraud. 

Again, besides what I specifically wrote already, I forgot to metion:

-1 paid off auto loan (17k) back in 2013 in good standing 

- A Chase Freedom closed in good standing of  (6k)

I'm pretty sure I was very straight to the point with my report my friend. Thanks for your inside 😎.

Message 7 of 16
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous  no, it's not clear at all.

Any account removed from your credit report "doesn't exist" any more when lender pulls your report.

Lender with whom you had account may have it internal records, but Chase won't be looking for a card you might have had in the past, unless it was charged off or any other type of negative. 

They will only go by what's on your report right now.

What they are asking from you, is list of all accounts, open and closed that are currently on your CR. 

Also, what kinda makes very little sense is, how long were those fraudulent accounts on your report?

Your history is short right now, so if your older accounts were result of the fraud, how come blocks weren't placed on those accounts sooner?

Did these accounts have delinquencies on them? 

In any case, your post indicates you have three revolving accounts, two of which are under 5 months, and one personal loan as far as open accounts go, and one closed card, one closed loan. 

How about the gap between your closed Chase card from years ago to Discover account? 

Message 8 of 16
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And as an aside for all "what's on your report stuff", if you are interested in international travel, you don't want the Citi cashback card (assuming this is the double cash) as it has a foreign transaction fee.   Choose something like Paypal Cashback MC, or Penfed's 2% card (among others)

Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guys I can't be clear enough in explaining.  As well, thanks for you insight also..

People have fraud commented against them daily. But if you would  like to know more about what happen with the fraudulently activity (story), please go checkout  my very 1st story and I literally  broke down what happen, and wrote from start to finish. Trust me when I say, I'm not going re write that whole thing on this thread. So I encourage you to read that and it can give you a better idea.

Long story short the gap was me being out of the country for work and only used the 1 to 2 cards I had. I had a VERY great CR and score. I was to trust worthy of someone and they took advantage of it without me knowing. It took a 2 month non payment for Amex to close out the card I had with them to trigger me into calling wandering why my card I had was canceled 🙃. Come to find out another card was opened and had been in good stand with me as a authorized user for some time. 

My history actually start with my car that is still showing on my report. Well at least the time length of the close installment  at least lol! That gap has to do with me not being in the USA for a couple years. It wasn't until I came back or a month or so before I came back wje. everything started to fall apart.

But I'm getting the picture here as I might need to wait, so thanks guys.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.